Hi! Annette from Michigan

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Annette
Rabbit

Hi! Annette from Michigan

#1 Postby Annette » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi!
I have been vegetarian for 5 years and vegan since February. I'm 53 years old and I was stuck with 20 extra pounds and out of shape. In September I started weight training and cardio and really planning my food, training and recovery. I lost 15 pounds and I feel I'm on my way to a fitter stronger second half of my life! I got the ball rolling now I'm hooked. I want to prove that it can be done at any age and with a plant based vegan diet! I'm reading Robert's book and making a training plan.
Love this idea! Annette :)

Gaia
Elephant

Re: Hi! Annette from Michigan

#2 Postby Gaia » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:37 am

Hi Annette! Welcome to the forum! I was happy to see someone else from Michigan here! Of course, I am now curious as to what part of Michigan you are from. I am in the Oakland County area (just up north from the Palace of Michigan) and there are a few of us vegans way out here. I try to get to the vegan hub bub of Royal Oak/Fernadale when I can, but it has been awhile. I usually manage to go to VegFest in March though to see what's new in the area.
I know what you mean about being hooked! Addicted to health! Especially in the second half of life (though I think 60 is when the start of your second half of your life should be! so to me, you are still in the first half! I say, 120 here we come!).
Plus the joy of learning how your body responds to food and exercise, at any age! Just when I think I have it, I learn something new and try it out, and the body works better than before!

robert
Site Admin

#3 Postby robert » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Welcome Annette!

Thanks for reading my book, I appreciate it!

How are things going? Hope you had a great holiday season!

Welcome to our group!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

eljibarito
Finch

#4 Postby eljibarito » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:40 am

Welcome Annette, good to have more Michigan folks here on the board. (Grand Rapid guy myself).

SeaSiren
Elephant

#5 Postby SeaSiren » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Welcome :)

kareno
Gorilla

#6 Postby kareno » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:43 am

Hi Annette! Welcome to the forum! And thanks for being a great example for every age!

Best wishes to you on your journey!!

-Karen

Annette
Rabbit

#7 Postby Annette » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:27 am

Hi Gaia!
Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I am just learning how this forum thing works. Good to learn but I'm not sure I'm doing it right yet! I'm in Clinton Township by Sterling Heights, MI. I was the only vegan I knew in town but now my 27 year old daughter and 82 year old Mom has chosen a plant based diet! It is a little tricky around here but the fitter I get and the healtheir I look, people are starting to inquire what I'm doing. lol. I love to go to Inn Season in Royal Oak and there is a vegan group downriver that I know. I love VegFest and look forward to going! Thanks for the encouragement fellow Michigander!! I look forward to contributing more to Michigan folks and this inspiring website!!!

Annette
Rabbit

#8 Postby Annette » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks Robert!!
Things are going Fabulous!! Just back from visiting my Daughter in Santa Monica, CA for the Holidays. Oh the Vegan food to be had!! I managed to exercise and eat great and now that I'm back home in Michigan, I am pleased to say I'm goal weight and feeling better than ever!
I thought about what you wrote about keeping a program while you did all that traveling and that helped a lot!
Thanks to your inspiration for the 12 days Program I was mindful of my goals and here we go!

Annette
Rabbit

#9 Postby Annette » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:40 am

Thanks eljibarito!
I was in Grand Rapids last October for the Farm Sancuary walk. What a nice bunch of people I met out there! I'm in Clinton Township, East of Detroit area. Looking forward to a Fabulous year!
Best to you!

Annette
Rabbit

#10 Postby Annette » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks SeaSiren!

Happy New Year!!

Annette
Rabbit

#11 Postby Annette » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:43 am

Thanks Karen!!