Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hi, I hate working out, please help
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:27 pm 
Finch

Hi, my name is Cali, I've been vegan for about one year but before that, I was a vegetarian for a long time. I have no problem with the vegan thing but the truth is that I hate working out. I've tried everything, working out with friends, listening to music, trying to get motivated, going to an expensive gym, going to a free gym, but no matter what I do, I stop after a few weeks.

The thing is that I'm genetically super skinny, so I don't have the motivation of losing weight (I'm trying to get toned and build some definition). I'd like to get some advice from people with the same problem. What works for you?

Post subject: Re: Hi, I hate working out, please help
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:35 am 
Site Admin

Welcome Cali!

Even though I compete in bodybuilding, sometimes training feels like a chore and I just don't want to do it. At times, it's like I downright hate it. I've had a lot of ups and downs in the area of interest in training so I can probably relate to some degree. I was real skinny when I started out, not very strong, no idea how long I'd stick with it, and then I found a whole lot of meaningful reasons to exercise and then found multiple ways and approaches to sincerely enjoy it.

Hope you get some good feedback here.

Explore around the forum and please check in on The 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness. It has its own section on the forum. We designed that program to help with the aspects of finding motivation, the desire to achieve something and meaningful reasons to exercise regularly as we also created structure and a system to help people along each day, complete with a daily workout, meal plan, inspirational role models and articles to keep people progressing with a positive attitude.

Hope is helps.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:13 pm 
Gorilla

Hey Cali! Welcome to the forum! I'm new as well, and also looking for motivation and inspiration to work out, as it's not exactly my favorite thing in the world! Haha! :) BUT... I'm hoping someday I'll love it! :)

Happy New Year, and best wishes to you on YOUR vegan fitness goals!

-Karen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:35 am 
Finch

The key is to stay motivated and a way i do that is I continuously keep my face inside a health and fitness magizine! I have bodybuilding posters of Arnold on my walls! I personally love working out, but i too have days where I'm not motivated. Keep your head up and hang in there!

Keep your workouts short and sweet! While keeping your heart rate up and workouts hard!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:43 am 
Rabbit

Hi there, I have this problem A LOT!! What really works for me, is to think about the reasons WHY I'm doing this. To think about the health benefits, and how much better I feel/will feel. How by taking just a little bit of time out of my day "suffering" ( lol..sometimes it feels like that ;) ) , to promote a better/longer/healthier life...it is so worth it!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:48 pm 
Manatee

Do you have pets?