Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New to the community.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:04 pm 
Finch

I posted my before and current progress photos over on that specific thread but I also wanted to introduce myself here as well.

My name is Tassie, I'm 24 years old, and I've been vegan for two years. My husband is a vegetarian and our daughter(4) is vegan. I made the switch after a friend convinced me to read Eating Animals by Jonathan Foer. After reading his book I couldn't put the literature away for nearly a year. I thought my husband was going to take away my library card, honestly. I went vegan immediately and gave little room for anyone around me to get used to the idea. Through trail and error I've tweaked our diets and we're finally eating more whole foods and less processed/fake food.
I was never physically active once I graduated from High School and shortly after I noticed the weight creeping up, not knowing that with the crappy diet I had and the sudden lack of exercise my life would change dramatically. I began not eating to keep the weight off and then once I couldn't take it any more I'd binge on fast food. During that time I was skinny fat and really unhappy. Several years later I finally have my shit together and I'm making daily strides to a healthier mind and body.

I don't have access to a gym right now so I've been doing Bodyrock.tv exercises, running, and riding my indoor bike when I can't get out of the house. It's still a struggle for me to make exercise something that I do daily but I'm working on that by keeping up with a workout journal.

I'm really excited and inspired by so many of the community members already. Hello to all of you from Texas!

Post subject: Re: New to the community.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:58 pm 
Rabbit

Im from Texas as well! East Texas. New member as well.

God Bless...

Post subject: Re: New to the community.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Tassie!

I'll also be in Texas soon (Austin).

Thanks for joining our community!

All the very best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1