Mina's intro! Living in Tampa, FL

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Mina
Manatee

Mina's intro! Living in Tampa, FL

#1 Postby Mina » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:20 am

Hello all,

Thanks for keeping this site alive. I've only been eyeing it for like ever... 5yrs? Maybe? Anyways.

Relevant info:
- I've been Vegan for over 13 years now, was a vegetarian for about 5 years before that.
- Watching Faces of Death (the one all about animals) & Night of the Living Dead in one night got me to swear off meat & start caring about animal rights when I was 12ish.
- I pay rent in the form of food & cuddles to two black cats we rescued from the humane society, whom are kind enough to let my husband and I use their bed, computer chairs, couches, dinning room chairs, floor... etc...
- I hate jogging but do it because my cardio is out & it's free.
- That one time I had a gym membership for 3 months was a lot of fun. I discovered my abs before they quickly vanished again.
- My knee is falling apart on me, making it painful to do absolutely nothing with it, not to mention walk or jog.
- My wrist is growing a lumpy friend, impeding my ability to properly bend it during Yoga.
- I used to be a bus bitch until I moved for work to a location with shitty public transportation. The result of getting lifts to work, sitting on my butt at work & then at home on the computer for 5 years made me weak. My ass ran away in protest.
- I <3 Robert Cheeke and Brendan Brazier.
- I have no faith in my ability to work out, nor stick to it, but I'll give it a sincere shot anyways.
- Jogging for 5 minutes wears me out, so I walk the rest of the way around the block. 2 days ago I tried Vega's Pre-Workout Energizer and WOW! I ran the whole way and could have kept going if I didn't stop myself for fear of potential injury due stuff I hear about over-working one self.. or something. I bought 2 bottles of the Acai Berry flavor because the sample was lemon (or something) and I was not a fan - Acai can't be any worse, right?! 8D
- I jog with my sister-in-laws yappy terrier mutt because she's a rescue, still has anxiety issues, and could really burn off all that nervous energy. I dance in place like a dork a lot for her.
- The before and after shots of many members here really inspire me. I'm so proud of so many people I have never met. :D

Misc. Info:
- I don't read fiction because I feel like it's a waste of my time - even when I wish I could read it. Yes EAP, I do love your work, honest, I'll just get to it later..
- I play WoW, have for about 6 years now. My husband is Alliance... I am Forsaken. I RP, badly.
- I listen to Industrial, EBM, Aggro Tech, Dark Wave, Goth, uh.. and related stuffs.
- I live in the Tampa Bay Area of Florida, US of A.
- The female cat we live with has been named Ophelia, but we call her Opie (the male hath been dubbed Helios because he believes the world revolves around him - but we call him Baby because he's a mama's boy). She has no teeth. She refuses to tell me why, probably due to a hurt ego. She loves wheat grass (yea, that's all "cat grass" is btw) but can't chew it, so I now put a little dish of diluted chlorophyll by her water & she loves it from time to time. When I buy wheat grass juice, I will give her that instead, see if she likes it.
- I can't think of anything else, so I'm going to take some Vega & go for another jog! Wewt!

robert
Site Admin

Re: Mina's intro! Living in Tampa, FL

#2 Postby robert » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:31 am

Welcome Mina!

You rock! I appreciate your support so much! Great to have you here on the forum!

All the very best!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Mina
Manatee

#3 Postby Mina » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:09 am

Thank you so much! But how could I not support you & everything you have done for Veganism? :)

hsorlando
Elephant

#4 Postby hsorlando » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:32 pm

Welcome, I live in Orlando, and visit the Tampa/St. Petersburg area sometimes. I love Central Organics on Central, in St. Pete, and the vegan hotdog stand.
The devotion of thought to an honest achievement makes the achievement possible.

Mina
Manatee

#5 Postby Mina » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:39 am

Hey! Thank you Hsorlando =)
If you're ever in the area, maybe we could all meet up for some Rawk Star or Ozona Pizza! Might need a few weeks in advance to plan it though, as working in retail and on a budget can make things tricky, as I'm sure we can all understand lol =)

Return to “Introductions”