Hello from Houston!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

vegan_girl
Finch

Hello from Houston!

#1 Postby vegan_girl » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:32 pm

Hello - I was so excited to find this board. I've been a vegan for about 8 years and a vegetarian for about 20 years. I'm a 42 year old female and looking to reshape my body with weight training and proper diet. Need to realistically lose 30lbs of fat also. Any suggestions on where I can get a good training log/exercises? I've been searching the internet pulling some from different places. I'm sure there are also alot on here - just have to spend the time to go through it. So excited! Love to hear from anyone especially those with similar goals.

I'm also looking to follow the Thrive diet - anyone followed this with success?

viciousvixenx
Rabbit

Re: Hello from Houston!

#2 Postby viciousvixenx » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:06 am

I love the theory behind the Thrive diet but man oh man do I love my peanut butter and whole grains!

vegan_girl
Finch

#3 Postby vegan_girl » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:10 pm

I know! That is the only vegan book I had purchased. I spent a few hours looking on the site and purchased Robert's book so that may work better for me.

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:09 pm

Welcome to our group!

Cool that you're in Houston. I'm moving to Austin in a few weeks! Thank you for the mention about my book. I hope you like it and that is resonates with you. Brendan's books are great too.

I appreciate you being here on our forum!

All the very best and Happy New Year!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

kareno
Gorilla

#5 Postby kareno » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:03 am

Welcome to the forum! :)

-Karen

Return to “Introductions”