Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My intro
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:34 pm 
Finch

I've long been interested in trying a vegan diet, still easing into it..slowly. The more I read about it, the more interesting it becomes. I'm really concerned about my health and what I put into my body. I'm in my early 40's and I want to take control of my health and not take a handfull of pills for the rest of my life (an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!) Hope to network with others, makes the journey easier.

Post subject: Re: My intro
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:39 pm 
Rabbit

Hey,

So glad to hear your looking into a vegan diet. When I first began I went online and began researching like crazy and soon enough I found Vegan BodyBuilding and Fitness, then Vega and so on and so forth.This helped me attain a fairly basic or in depth knowledge of nutritional information. If your interested Let me know and I'll send you some great titles of books and most of them you can find at the local Library. My health has never been better and after two months into the new lifestyle my energy began picking up as well as my fitness. Sleep,moods and even cognitive response was at its optimum and even my allergies disappeared. Last year my 72 year old father began having signs of heart disease so the Dr's started him off on a huge regiment of drugs but he noticed after a month his body felt worse. He began questioning me about what I was reading and doing so he began his slow adventure into a100% whole foods plant based diet by making a green smoothy 3 time a day then after six months he was completely on a Vegan diet and another six months later the Dr's after testing gave him a clean bill of health then took him off the drugs and now he is planning on running hi first 10k. I felt so blessed. Any how, I'll stop rambling feel free to ask questions because that's how you gain power and if you need help let me know.

David

Post subject: Re: My intro
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:49 am 
Gorilla

Hi there! Welcome to the VBB forum community! It's such a great resource of information and inspiration!

Have you seen the film "Forks Over Knives"? http://www.forksoverknives.com, and also available on NetFlix. Awesome movie with so much great scientific information, and it has changed so many people's lives!

All the best,
Karen