Old Lady :)

qz123

I'm 50 years old and want my body to feel as young as my mind

I exercise consistently, but not nearly enough for what I eat, clearly, as I'm overweight.

I've decided to change my diet and exercise plan to improve my body and overall health.

I take a daily vitamin as well as glucosamine and condroitin supplements for arthritis. A few years ago, I was taking various Rx meds for the arthritis, but gave them up in favor of the supplements. Now I need to give up the other unhealthy stuff I put into my body - the food I was raised on and truly love.

Hoping to find some information and inspiration here

I'm 50 years old and want my body to feel as young as my mind

I exercise consistently, but not nearly enough for what I eat, clearly, as I'm overweight.

I've decided to change my diet and exercise plan to improve my body and overall health.

I take a daily vitamin as well as glucosamine and condroitin supplements for arthritis. A few years ago, I was taking various Rx meds for the arthritis, but gave them up in favor of the supplements. Now I need to give up the other unhealthy stuff I put into my body - the food I was raised on and truly love.

Hoping to find some information and inspiration here

Welcome!

Hi oldlady,

I am 58 and want to get my body into the shape I was in at 40.

Back then, I worked out 2 hours a day and ate no fat. Then my 15 year old son came down with cancer and suddenly I lost all interest in myself. 6 months later,my 12 year old developed diabetes. Bad bad year!

So, I put all my energy into my kiddos and went back to college. Once my kids were doing better, I was engrossed in my schooling and work and no longer had the desire to spend so much energy in the gym.

Years later, I am ready to once again take care. Of my body. No health problems yet but only a matter of time. Perhaps we can encourage each other.

Hi qz123 and iampsyched!

I am inspired to see you guys on here and making huge changes in your life even in your 50s for the sake of health and fitness... and saving animal lives in the process!

Keep up the awesome work!

All the best,

Karen