10 years vegan and ready to use it!!

SaraTonin

I have been vegan for 10 years now. Vegetarian for 5 before that. I was very overweight most of my childhood. Going vegan took me from 250 lbs to 200lbs at age 17 very quickly. I was always the girl who made fun of people for working out and dieting until about two years ago I developed irregular heart beats and tendinitis in my knee. I tricked myself into thinking I was healthy because I was vegan. I was a "junkfoodatarian" for so long. I am a hairstylist out of Boston and being out of shape, stress, overeating and being a workaholic were taking over my body at 27!! I decided to cut down on portion sizes (and chinese takeout 4 times a week, my weakness)and to start running. From February last year I have lost over 50 pounds and have no more heart palpitations, tendinitis is gone and I look and feel better than I ever have. I tell people I am back to the weight I was in 5th grade.. They think I am joking. My goal now is to get my body stronger and more fit so I can keep myself healthy. My line if work really takes a toll on the body. I wouldn't mind showing off some muscle either:)

Wow, SaraTonin, congratulations on your awesome success! I'm kind of just starting to get into fitness myself, and this forum community is a huge motivator! I actually gained some weight when I went vegan a couple years ago because, like you, I ate lots of vegan junk food. But, now I'm focusing on whole-foods and the "plant" part of "plant-based"!

Wishing you the very best for further success!

-Karen