Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hello from the City of Sin
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:52 pm 
Rabbit

Hi All,

I'm Leslie, a 34 year old grad student living in Vegas. I attend UNLV, working on my MA in British History, and I'm aching to get out of this desert nightmare. I moved here about 6 years ago on a whim from SoCal and now the only thing keeping me around is my boyfriend and my plans to complete my masters. I plan to pursue my PhD in the UK and then find a place to settle down with lots of moisture and an ocean nearby :wink:

I've been a pescetarian for about 3 years now, but hope to move to a full-fledged vegan lifestyle over the course of the year. I'm opposed to animal suffering in all forms, but also see the tremendous benefits to a vegan diet, not just for my body but for the earth as well.

Recently, I've decided to get in shape for good. I mean lean and mean! I'm currently looking at different motivation and incentive techniques to get me to this state, but I'm even considering competing in a bikini/figure competition. I like a more feminine look and my style is goth-lite, so I think I'd be a unique addition to these competitions. Think about a combination between the figures of Kate Beckinsale in Underworld and Jennifer Nicole Lee, the fitness/bikini model and you have my ideal! What do ya think?? 8)

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all and enjoying our mutual support :)

Post subject: Re: Hello from the City of Sin
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:31 pm 
Finch

We meet again, good luck with your goals and such. My position wrt veganism is the same, albeit I'm seeing age 40 approach me later this year with trepidation. Don't want to end up like some of the 40-somethings I see on a daily basis...

Post subject: Hello from the City of Sin
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:46 am 
Rabbit

Ah SpaceT - don't you know 40 is the new 20? ;) Besides, I'm sure you'll always look younger than your meat-eating friends..I'm actually looking forward to 40 - just to see people's astounded reaction when I tell them. Lol

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.279849,-115.129745

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:23 am 
Site Admin

Welcome to our community! I'll be visiting Vegas in about 3 weeks. It is always a fun town to visit, one I've thought about living in, but I know Vegas is prime example of, "visiting and living here are two totally different things."

Thanks for joining our forum. Hope you enjoy this place. I've enjoyed it quite a bit over the past 8 years and have made a lot of friends.

All the very best in your health and fitness goals!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:24 am 
Gorilla

Welcome to the VBB forum, Leslie! I like your style! :)

All the best in your transition to full-fledged vegan!

-Karen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:35 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks Robert and Karen!

Vegas isn't bad for some. And we do have many vegan and vegetarian options compared to other cities. However, there is a lack of fresh, local, and organic food for the obvious reasons. Not a lot grows in the desert! Enjoy your visit, Robert.

Hope to see you both around!