Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Vegan diet and my fight against prostate cancer!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:33 am 
Finch

jungleinthefrunk wrote:
Ironsmith, your story is really touching. I have a couple of family members s/p cancer, or currently dealing with it. Admire your ability to remain positive and the changes youve made. subbed your thread :)

hmmm... nice dud keep it up..thanks for sharing. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:52 am 
Rabbit

Thanks again for the support! It helps.

I think this thread as an "Introduction" has run its course. I'm going to switch over to the bodybuilding/strength forum. There I will post my on going progress with my vegan diet and my strength building program. After all my prostate cancer treatment (Radiation Treatment and my hormone depletion therapy), I am weaker than any time other time in my adult life. I also suffered a concussion the first Friday of this past December which made me very inactive foe several weeks. I was life flighted by helicopter from my hometown to the Ohio State University hospital for treatment. That set me back for awhile! My head fracture went from the back of my head, along the right side, and stopped right over my right eye. I couldn't even do my walking due to the hypersensitive to light, noise, and motion. My Neurologist finally gave me the go ahead to gradually break in to my exercise program once again. I will be slow progress for awhile from both my cancer treatment effects and the concussion. I just need to be reasonable, and make haste slowly. However I do know how to effectually weight train from my many successful years powerlifting. I have to train intelligently rather than try to bull my way through. I also plan on cross training and include swimming, walking, biking, and yoga. This all starts a new chapter in my life and I want to get the most out of it that can.

Life is to be celebrated and I plan on doing just that in the most healthy and fun filled manner I can! :D

Held Drug Free Powerlifting State, National, & World Records in the Federations NASA, AAPF, ADFPA, & Amateur IPA.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:11 pm 
Finch

There is no doubt Vegan diet is best to fight against prostate cancer but on the other side we should also concentrate on doing the exercises. Exercises prevent from many diseases.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:04 pm 
Rabbit

Straight on that. It helps release toxicity from the body, burn up excessive calories, strengthen the heart and cardio system, etc. And of course it elevates your mood! Can't get better than that!

Held Drug Free Powerlifting State, National, & World Records in the Federations NASA, AAPF, ADFPA, & Amateur IPA.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:16 pm 
Rabbit

I would love to hear from other people who either themselves or loved ones who are recovering from cancer with the help of a vegan diet. I mostly post on the training log forum so please direct your comments and suggestions there! Thanks so much!