Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: New
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:44 pm 
Rabbit

here is some food for thought Tarzan, I'm not upset with you at all, if anything I'm simply just trying to show you the truth that has been hidden from you for years so corporations like pharmaceutical companies, the meat and dairy industry, etc. can profit off your sickness by you always getting sick and the need for life long consumption of drugs to stay alive from your typical animal based food diet. Not to mention try to make you think its genetic when its simply your families consistent diet that has been passed down every generation in your family.
No hard feelings buddy, I just do a lot of vegan outreach to people that is all, sorry if I upset you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-fre ... _ref=false

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:09 am 
Rabbit

I don't need to be converted, I AM vegan, I have been vegan for about two years. I have worked in the meat industry on various levels for 5-6 years. I understand the influence the pharmaceutical industry on ALL aspects of the food industry right now. There is a LOT of misinformation right now on what is actually good for the human body, I have studied these things with a passion for a few years now. Please do not bombard me with biased garbage like the China Study, I could dig up 10 more badly researched, cherry picked articles supporting what I believe.

I am not here to convert you, or to be converted myself. I am here to share my experience with others. Judging by the lack of knowledge i am faced with here, my hope is to see what everyone else does in their day to day life and how it seems to be helping them.

In response to the article you posted: http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/07/07/the-ch ... or-fallac/

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/should ... -diet.html

Anyone who believes Humans and gorillas have the same digestive ability are automatically retards in my book.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:55 am 
Gorilla

This makes for some awesome pre nap reading:)

Tarzan, in all honesty I think you're more clued up than anyone else having a debate with you. Nothing personal to anyone else but my biggest hatred of veggies/vegans being when they flapping their gums & preach. If anyone actually asks me what I eat to stay big ect I'll explain my diet, nothing more.

Here's why I went veggie, I have no idea. Seriously. It wasn't because I didn't agree with this or that, just hadn't (without realising) eaten meat for a couple of weeks & it went from there. It became a game at first. Now it's just what I do.

I will admit I use to have terrible IBS & now I don't. I would be ill few times a year & now besides the odd nasty cold, since going veggie I haven't been ill. Begin vegan however does
Not suit me. Tried it, it didn't work for me, end of.

My father started work at a large supermarket chain when I was only a few weeks old as a butcher. Also I have fond memory's of my family (when I was a young) bringing back rabbits from shooting & watching my nan gut & skin them. I have no issue seeing, proper butchers at work. It's actually fascinating when you see every inch get used for something.

I wouldn't even attempt to jump into the debate here because simply I don't really have an interst in needing to know...I'm happy going about my life how I see fit.

Not that I agree with mass dairy farms or caged hens & all that jazz.

"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler