New from Chicago

JCHI12

Hey there,

I just moved to Wicker Park and I live with my girlfriend who is raw/vegan and very influential on my eating habits I've been vegan for maybe two weeks now and I was vegetarian for 6 months a few years ago just to prove I could do it. I try not to tell people I'm vegan because I never know where I'll be five or ten years down the road. I do primarily care about my health though and it seems eating in such a manner has numerous health benefits. I honestly haven't noticed anything yet hah. Also, I'm about to start a two week juice fast with my girlfriend so we will see how that goes. Nice to meet all of you.

J

Sounds good, welcome! Don't worry about calling yourself a vegan, you don't need a label to eat healthy. Lots of support here on the forum and lots of people to get ideas from for eating, cooking, working out, even music and clothing, pretty much every topic is cover here with open minds. Be sure to check out the fitness journal section, I've found it to be a good spot get new ideas for workout routines and food choices. A lot of people seem to be holding themselves accountable this way as well.... I'm, uh, well, I'm working on it haha, my gf's bday was this weekend and I kind said eff it for my health for a couple days. Back in the gym and eating good starting tomorrow.

-Dylan