Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jumpin in green
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:22 pm 
Finch

Hello Robert and all you vegan bodybuilding,athelete,fitness people. Greetings from the great Pacific Northwest in the Redwoods of California. I am just starting to reverse a lifetime of bad habits and am encouraged by what I see here.

I am a 45 year old, male, 6'6" weighing in at 306 lbs. I know yikes right? So my wife is a Vegan and I have become Vegetarian (Vegan Friendly) meaning I eat Vegan at home but will occaisionally still eat cheese. I DON'T KNOW WHY. Maybe I am addicted to the growth hormone they put into the cows milk (lol)

I have recently invested in some exercsie equipement (i'll post pics soon) and am just finishing the man cave / gymnasium transformation this week. I plan to start the basic workouts and assesments next week.

I am going to have lots of questions and probably need to buy Roberts book and DVD. Just wanted to take a minute and say hello before I get started. Thanks to all of you who have already encourged me by doing what you do. Keep it up!

Talk with you all again soon! :D

Post subject: Re: Jumpin in green
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:46 am 
Rabbit

While I don't have your height, I was at a similar weight and age when I started and have since lost 100 lbs bro... It is doable. I have always been a gym rat too. It is when I learned how to eat that the weight just started falling off me - it was coming off at 6-7 lbs a week at times. Learn to eat frequent, whole food meals. Seems counter intuitive, but when you have coffee for "breakfast" and just a couple of other meals over the course of the day, you body does go into starvation mode and will not let any weight go. Plan your meals. If you have a plan, you will succeed, if you don't plan, your doomed. Be relentless [in both the kitchen and the gym].

Welcome!
Brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:22 am 
Elephant

We are all here if you need any help :) I am on the weight loss journey with you

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:02 am 
Site Admin

Hey welcome to the site. Without being a suck up, yeah I recommend Rob's book. The main thing I got from it was motivation, he makes it clear what you have to do to succeed, and makes you realise what you're doing that holds you back.

Keep a journal and show us some progress pictures

Do you want to stop eating cheese? Up to you man, if you do I'm sure we can give you some tips to help you out