new guy here

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

superwho
Finch

new guy here

#1 Postby superwho » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:58 pm

So, I'm 32, been bodybuilding for all my adult life. Like many I have been shovelling tons of chicken and turkey and beef down my gut to reach that next goal. I'm 6'4 and about 230 lbs. Since the birth of my daughter a year ago, I slacked on my macros and cardio and got a little softer than I'm used to. I figured now is the perfect time to change. I plan on still eating meat, but only in small amounts a few times a week. My biggest concern is that any time I've tried to use soy as a protein, it just destroys my guts, I mean the worst gas ever, does this ever stop, lol? Anyways, look forward to reading up on everything, and any pointers or things I should check out, I'd be glad to know,

Thanks in advance,
A.J.

Synny667
Elephant

Re: new guy here

#2 Postby Synny667 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:40 pm

I know when I first started eating soy I had that problem and it does go away as your body adjusts. I prefer tempeh myself because it doesn't feel as processed. I also eat lots of beans for protein.

Nan
I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

Richard
Site Admin

#3 Postby Richard » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:59 am

Hey man, welcome to the site. I find that I get gas build-up from specific products, not all soy. The soy protein shakes that I take do not give me a problem, but some cooked soy products dom, I guess it's a matter of experimentation, but there are other ways to get protein if it really doesn't work out

Jimmylarry
Finch

#4 Postby Jimmylarry » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:27 am

Hey hello! i`m also new on this forum. nice to meet you. :)

Return to “Introductions”