Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hi Everybody!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:28 pm 
Finch

It's Emily here! I hail from Southeast Michigan. I've been veg for 9 years. I dapple in some raw foods, predominately HCRV.

I just started to regularly work out. Although I lead a far from sedentary life, in fact, I cant stand to sit still for long.
I like to play around with movement through dance and boredom. The human body is a wonderful creation, and not something to be taken for granted or left to nostalgia. My pet peeve is persons, who light up about a talent, and then finish off by saying, "I used to do it" or " I got older". grr..

Anywho, glad to be here. :D

Post subject: Re: Hi Everybody!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:10 pm 
VBB Moderator

So hey I totally used to be vegan, and then I got too old for it.... hahaha just kidding. Welcome to the forum. There are a million ways to workout and be fit, dance is a great way. There are so many different people on here that get fit, are trying to get fit, or staying fit in so many different ways. Everything from bodybuilders, to roller derby skaters, to more the more tame, that go for jogs or do a little yoga. Check out the fitness journal section for motivation, reading other people's got me to want to start doing my own.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:49 am 
Finch

Thanks for the welcome! What is your story? How long have you been veg, and what do you for fitness?

-Emily

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:58 pm 
VBB Moderator

I have been on and off veg for many years. Unfortunately I give in sometimes to things like Cheese pizza, ice cream and sushi rolls (not together of course, I know I know its terrible.). I am very interested in nutrition so I read and watch documentaries about it often.
I lift weights for strength, I'm not a body builder by any means. I like most sports, dancing around, and yoga. I play in an adult soccer league, been playing since I was a child.

-Dylan