Hello from NYC

boogeybooger

Hi everyone!

My name is Lee and I've finally joined this site after lurking on and off for the past year.

While I wouldn't define myself as a vegan, I eat a half-raw vegan diet 90% of the time. I have the occasional hankering for yogurt or cheese, and I won't be too picky if someone makes me soup with chicken broth. But I must say that I am slowly getting more and more vegan over time, and I love it!

I'm embarking on a Leangains-style weight cut over the next couple of months and am using this time to go completely vegan and keep my diet low in sugar, caffeine, and other stimulants as well. I am also trying to keep this diet as raw as possible. It just feels better and my prep and cleanup time are practically nothing.

Over the past 4 or so years I've trained with vinyasa and ashtanga yoga, CrossFit, karate, boxing, and kickboxing. I've been serious about boxing and kickboxing for the last 2 years, putting in 1-2 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. Hoping to compete someday soon.

My diet and training have paid off in that I'm extremely strong and healthy, fairly lean, and look really good. Now I really want to put the finishing touches on my physique with the Leangains-style cut and some heavy weight training (looking at 2-day RPT-style program with squat, deadlift, chin-up, and bench).

Right now I've still got a lot to learn about the vegan diet for athletes, but hope someday to contribute back!

That's about it and see you around!

Hey Lee, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are into a lot of great activities. I'm in Brooklyn. Maybe i'll run into you some time. I'm fairly new to NY so suggestions of places to eat and things to do are always helpful. I've been asking around others in the area on the forum as well like jungle.

Cheers,

-Dylan