Hi from Czech Republic

gokshura

Hi there,

I am new here. My name is Tomas and I am from Czech Republic, Europe. I am happy that I have found this forum. It seems pretty active

Here is my background: I have been strict lacto-vegetarian past 12 years and I have recently switched to vegan diet due to my health (milk allergy).

I have decided that I have to start working out, to put on some weight. But you know all people out there are telling me that it is not possible on vegan or even vegetarian diet.

Unfortunatelly I am a hard-gainer and skinny since my childhood, so it is very difficult for me to gain mass. Hopefully I will get some help here.

welcome! Ha you should look at pictures of how skinny Robert was growing up. Maybe there are some on this site? If not just ask him he has no problem sharing that sort of thing. I am sure it actually makes him more proud. I myself have always been skinny and had a hard time putting on weight. I am 6'2'' 155 lbs... But I had a traumatic life experience about a year and a half ago and lost about 15 lbs that I havent been about to regain yet. Prior to that when I was in the gym regularly I was up to almost 170 which made me feel really happy with my size and strength. I am not completely vegan but I eat a vegan diet most of the time and I can tell you its entirely possible for you to get big and build muscle on a vegan diet. Not only that but you can do it more efficiently than on a meat based diet. Glad you found this forum it sounds like its a great place for you. There are several body builders that are champions and also tons of successful athletes in all kinds of various fields.

PS I visited Prague for the first time last June. It was one of the nicest looking cities I have ever been to, the food and beer was great, the people were pleasant, and I had a great time.

Cheers,

-Dylan

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for support. Well I'm 6'2" too but 146 lbs My goal is to get at least to 165 lbs.

Maybe you could tell me to whom I should turn to in this forum in regard to exercise and training to start with.

I'm glad that you had a nice time in Prague, it's a beautiful city indeed. Czech beer is great, everybody knows that

Cheers,

Tomas

Welcome Tomas!

Great to have you here! Thanks for joining the forum. There are some great articles about mass building on www.veganbodybuilding.com. I've been very thin most of my life and have had to work pretty hard to put on mass but I've done it. I think you can do it too.

Check out the people featured here too. Lots of great stories and transformations.

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=bios

I wish you all the best!

See you on the forum!

-Robert

Hey Robert,

Nice introduction from the admin, I appreciate that you do take care of the newcomers!

My main question is - How to start? Who can help me with giving me some tips how to start? I mean mostly regarding training program - what to train, which exercises to start with etc.

By the way - you have mentioned in your bio that 1.0-1.5g of protein per pound of weight works best for you. I cannot imagine eating so much food & protein drinks to get this much daily. I would have to become 'Iron Stomach Man' What do you recommend for a newbie? But take into account that I'm a hardgainer, though...

Thanks,

Tomas

Tomas, Im Tomas as well.... living in Finland, there is no rule in this world, you own your life in a 100% and I will tell you something, when everyone tell you that you cant, YOU WILL. just because of that, I will be in Prague soon! are you living there?

Nice to meet you Tomas! Yes, I know I will do it, it is a matter of discipline and controlling your own mind, you are right. Thanks for support.

I have just checked the internet and found out that you guys in Finland have also the name Tomas without H, interesting

Unfortunately I do not stay in Prague, but will be moving there in course of next few month, most likely in June. Where do you live in Finland?

Enjoy your stay in Prague.

Hello Tomas, I am from Slovakia, it is nice to meet someone from the near country. In fact - you inspired me to register on this forum. I am planning to add my own Introduction post and write something about my nutrition and workouts.

Hey, that's cool. Please do share with me your workout plan, I am eager to learn from you

• 2 weeks later...
Haha! I'm from Poland, also new here Good luck!

Hi, Polish expat in Spain. Where do you stay there? I believe there are not many vegetarians or vegans in Spain, right?

Haha... right! I live and study in Jaen, it's in Andalusia. I suspect that I am here as a vegan alone But it's not a big problem for me. I met few vegetarians here, but they weren't Spanish

Soon (i think in July) I'm going back to Poland, there in my home city (Poznań) are a lot of vegans, restaurants, cafeterias, events and meetings for vegans

Haha! I'm from Poland, also new here Good luck!

Hi, Polish expat in Spain. Where do you stay there? I believe there are not many vegetarians or vegans in Spain, right?

Haha... right! I live and study in Jaen, it's in Andalusia. I suspect that I am here as a vegan alone But it's not a big problem for me. I met few vegetarians here, but they weren't Spanish

Soon (i think in July) I'm going back to Poland, there in my home city (Poznań) are a lot of vegans, restaurants, cafeterias, events and meetings for vegans

I see, cool