Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I'm not so sure about this...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:45 pm 
Finch

Well, here we go. I'm currently an extremely unhealthy 6'0" 290lbs mess, and I'm feeling closer to ready for a lifestyle change than ever. I currently live with family (all even more unhealthy than I with no desire to change), and I'm tired of being this guy. Luckily, I will be moving to Texas here shortly. As a result, I will be removed from this situation, which I hope will make it a little easier to make a lifestyle change. Anyway, I have some family members (outside of this home) that live a vegetarian and/or vegan lifestyle and it's pretty appealing. I admire the energy they all have. However, I come from a football and weight-training background, so I've been worried about the effects a vegan change would have on my strength and muscle mass. Man am I relieved to have found veganbodybuilding.com. Long story short, I'm excited for the future and can't wait to see the results.

Post subject: Re: I'm not so sure about this...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:56 am 
Elephant

Welcome to the forum! If you have any questions, or if you just want to throw some ideas around, just start posting! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:04 pm 
VBB Moderator

Yup, welcome to the forum. Tons of super strong and big athletes that use this site. For some helpful info making the change check out the books "Meat is for Pussies" and "Vegan bodybuilding and fitness"

-Dylan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:05 pm 
Gorilla

Welcome! You'll find so much useful information and great inspiration here in this community on this site. You only have to look around to find it! Transitioning to a vegan/plant-based diet is not hard once a person has determined to do so. Good luck with your move and family situation! Hope you'll continue to post. Maybe you'll even be moved to start a journal here and share your journey with others!