Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: new vegan
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:52 pm 
Finch

Hi everyone. I'm a new vegan. I'd like to be healthier and get into shape, and I figured this was the place to start :)
I'm not new to veganism, my girlfriend has been vegan since we've been together, about 3 years now..and I do a lot of the cooking (separate meals! that's romantic), and I'm not new to fitness..I've been a gym goer for years now, and I had a stint in the military - but I am new to vegan fitness.

I'm not fat, I'm not skinny.. I've lost a lot of muscle mass that I had before, and I'm out of shape. It really sucks and feels horrible. I still exercise but I don't see results anymore. I'm 26 and I'm too young to have old-man-itis! I want to see results and to feel better. I think this is a step in the right direction.

Post subject: Re: new vegan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:21 am 
Manatee

Welcome! To continue your start on the right direction a workout log would be a good thing/place to start. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 am 
Rabbit

Hi Noaton! There are heaps of great folks around here who will definitely help out. If you start a training journal, that's probably the best way to get feedback. What are your goals? How many days per week can you do in the gym? Glad to hear you're going the vegan route, I know that I'm the healthiest I've ever been as a vegan and living the same lifestyle as your girlfriend can only be a good thing :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:41 pm 
Finch

Well, I think I can go just about all the time. My schedule is free now that I don't have a job.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're low on energy at times. Try to eat as much fruit as possible, as many greens as possible and as much whole foods as possible vs. processed foods.

Getting a lot of whole foods, fresh air and exercise in daily is a great way to increase energy.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:42 am 
Gorilla

Hi Noaton, and welcome to the forum! Hope you're finding lots of helpful information and advice here. Best wishes to you on this new journey you're taking! I think it's very exciting to make these types of changes. And I'm sure it'll be easier for both you and your girlfriend to be eating the same healthy foods! Welcome!