Hey from Langley, BC, Canada

stcalico

Just a quick intro... I'm Tracie. 10 year vegetarian and new to veganism (2 weeks only). So far am losing weight and feeling not sooo great but I suspect that will improve once my body 'acclimatizes' to the change.

I was doing crossfit, but have been off it for about 6 months due to rotator cuff (shoulder) injury. Very slow healing but am hoping to get back into it soon. Love working out and feeling strong.

Looking forward to being part of this community.

Hi Tracie, and welcome to the community! Congratulations on making the change to veganism and for your weight loss (assuming you wanted to)! Sorry to hear of your injury. I think there's a number of Crossfit-ers here, and you're sure to find lots of helpful information and inspiration here. Again, welcome aboard!

Welcome Tracie!

Thanks for joining the group.

Often times when people change diets in any kind of significant fashion there is a chance for one to feel differently, be it more or less energy, etc.

Sometimes when going vegan I've noticed a lot of people dramatically reduce their caloric intake without even realizing and then feel weaker, drop weight, have less energy, and so on. There is a simple remedy for that, which is just being aware of one's food intake, including macronutrient and micronutrition consumption.

Pile on the plant-based whole foods and you should be good to go!

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Thanks much for the welcome Rob. Yes, very simple.. I'm going to google macronutrients and micronutrients now... lol. (jk).

I'll refrain from posting my questions on nutrition here and will instead put them under nutrition topic. Cheers.

Tracie