The Atl

Caroline011964

Hi everyone! I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I met Robert a couple of years back when I lived in Ohio but have since returned home to Atlanta. I've been a vegetarian for about 15 years and almost-vegan for several now. I'm pretty much vegan at home but struggle when eating out. It's hard unless you're in a vegan-friendly restaurant! I turned 48 this year and my body has simply gone to pot! I've been exercising more and really not eating any more than I ever have, but I can't shake the pounds! And this year, for the first time ever, I've developed a "pooch." I am NOT happy with my figure! I'm hoping to get some motivation and encouragement here.

Are there any other vegan ladies here who are 48 and over? I need a role model, please!!

Hi Caroline,

I'm new here too and approaching my mid 40's. Vegetarian 10 years, and recently decided to commit to vegan.

I ate out yesterday - Mexican - bean and rice burrito with salsa and guac... so good!

I've read that decreasing estrogen later in life makes it is !much! harder to keep weight off. And less estrogen also means any weight gain will directed to the middle section (whereas with estrogen it goes to hip area). Yup, girls have all the fun. ;D

Anyway.. welcome. Hope you find the motivation and role models you are looking for here.

• 5 months later...