Greetings from Squamish, BC

peacefulwarrior

Hello everyone! My name is Pat, I'm a 30 year old dude living in Squamish, BC which is the outdoor recreation capital of Canada! Obviously living here, there certain expectations to live up to. I love it! I am not vegan, but I am very interested, well lets say I'm disgusted at being part of killing and/or torturing animals for our so called gains...About a year ago I made an overnight change to vegetarian due to the movie "Forks over Knives" and "The China Study". It really changed my life. Now I support and promote a healthy, plant based way of living.

A little history: My whole life has been active, from the typical sports as a child to pro-am and proffesional sports in my later years. Some of these sports include, snowboarding at a proffesional level, downhill mountain biking at a pro-am level, motorcycle racing(streetbikes), MMA at all levels, and fitness at all levels.

For my years of sport participation, I have also hired more then a few different persoanl trainers and coaches. So I decided to become one myself. I mean, get paid to workout, research, and profile people.....that sounds pretty good right!? As I am still attending school for PT training, I have noticed that the fitness industry has a hard time support being truly healthy in a vegetarian or better still a vegan way of life. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! It's so obviously clear to me and I didn't even search for this knowledge, it found me and just stuck, it's like a higher power has guided me to vegan ways of thinking because it is right! (not religious)

With that said, my health has turned to a more spiritual outlook on life but more so optimising my brain/body function!

On average people use 10% of their brains, well I'd like see what happens when we use 70, 80, 90% of our capacity. Imagine! A healthy lifestyle including truly raw, organic foods that clearly were meant for human consumption is the current step I am on. More then ever, I wish to help people realise the truths about corperations and the food they sell us, not to mention doctors and pharmaceutical companies and what their agenda's are all about. They don't care about us and I'm sick of being played!!!

I appreciate the opportunity to be part of a group like this, that will support my choices, help me find answers, and also provide proof that this stuff actually works and works well...! Thank you. Over and out.

I would just like to reply with.... hell yeah! Well said man. Welcome to the group. Your excitement and positive outlook will fit in very nicely here. Squamish sounds awesome, I need to go there some day while I'm still young enough to enjoy things like hiking and camping and outdoor life. I know I should have a never too old outlook. I do plan on taking good enough care of myself that I can enjoy those things at least until my 60's if not older.

Cheers,

-Dylan

I love Squamish! Mountain biking, hiking, rock climbing, windsurfing, kite boarding, kayaking, skiing... it's all there, definitely the dream. I wanted to live there and actually could have landed a good job there - but I gave it up for guy... doh. Welcome to the group. Looking forward to seeing your input.

Welcome Pat!

Awesome to have you here!

My family is from Vancouver Island and I work for a company based in Vancouver/Burnaby so I get around BC a bit, but I haven't been to your town.

Sounds like I gotta get out there someday! I will likely be visiting family this summer/fall in Victoria. Maybe I'll adventure out a bit.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

PAT! So great to have you here! The world needs more men like you! Haha! Seriously, though!

"Forks Over Knives" changed sooooooo many people's lives and minds about food/nutrition/health/disease. It's up to us to keep spreading the word, 'cause it sure isn't gonna come from the industries or the government. Keep up the great work, and congratulations on all your achievements!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!