Boston competitor working to be vegan

erinsmith84

Good afternoon all!! I am training and eating for my third bikini competition! I am struggling I cant eat soy or gluten and I don't want to supplement the majority of my meals. Tempe and I don't seem to get along well either and aside from legumes any other suggestions for meals? I will try anything and eat all vegetables. I am 21 weeks away right now! 5'5 134lbs off season. I also was curious what people do when cutting do you still keep up the same fiber intake with all the veggies??

Thank you:)

Here are a couple suggestions you can look into (assuming you are looking for protein dishes):

Amaranth and quinoa are non-gluten grains that are very high in protein.. and brown or wild rice are not too bad either .. you could add lots of veggies to a dish with those grains to make a meal. Most veggies have some protein: apparently 1/2 cup of cooked spinach has 7 grams of protein... if you like spinach you can add it to lots of different meals. A serving of corn or potatoes has 4 grams of protein. Nuts (plain or raw nuts have no gluten) are high in protein and you can add them to veggie or grain dishes.

From the www:

Protein Content of Gluten-Free Grains

(Ranked from highest to lowest protein content in 1 cup of raw grain)

Amaranth - 28.1

Oats - 26.3 grams

Teff - 25.7 grams

Quinoa - 24 grams

Wild Rice - 23.6 grams

Buckwheat - 22.5 grams

Millet - 22 grams

Sorghum - 21.7 grams

Brown Rice - 14.7 grams

hth.

explore asian black bean spaghetti or mung bean fettutcini. its like 25 grams of protein and 17 ish carbs per serving, the only ingredients are beans and water. im pretty much dependent on those, well i eat the soy kind and the black bean cause its slightly less carbs than the mung bean....and i have them stock piled in my basement because for a while they got so popular that my local store and amazon was sold out. the supplier seems to have caught up and i can usually snag 3 or 4 bags each time i go to the store. delish if you throw some salt, peanut butter, and artificial sweetener on it..its my fourth meal every day and i love it and lookforward to it. like sesame noodles.