Reintroduction-want to get back into it!

emma1488

My name is Emma and I've been vegan for about a year and a half. I have fitness dreams/goals and when I signed up for this forum about a year ago (here is my old thread http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25509) I was well on my way to achieving them but then a whole bunch of crap was thrown at me and lead me to a short bout of depression followed by crippling anxiety issues.

I've just about sorted my shit out and want to start looking after my body again. My exercise regime has taken a tumble, but my eating is pretty good.

I've got a gym membership but feel like I'm at rock bottom again and struggling just to get the energy/enthusiasm to work out.

Any tips or words of encouragement would be tops.

Hi and welcome again.

Advices are pretty much useless without action.

- Ask yourself what's your big Why that gonna help you follow thru this time. Even when challenges arise and even when usual daily excuses arise.

- Make a true decision and commit to the outcome that you want. A true decision is when you cut any other possibility.

- Remember that greatness is built by small daily action.

Make it happen...

Edited by AlexNLP

Hi Emma,

Welcome back to the forum. First off, I can totally relate to much of what you've said, as I've dealt/deal with some similar issues. Likewise, I am also trying to make a comeback of my own. There are others on the forum in a similar boat, so just knowing that you're not alone and that others can relate will, I hope, be helpful to you in some way.

I like Alex's advice above, and I'm taking it to heart as well. Maybe I'll post it in my house so I see it everyday.

Welcome back!

Hi Emma,

I like Alex's advice above, and I'm taking it to heart as well. Maybe I'll post it in my house so I see it everyday.

Do it! and let it serve you as a daily reminder. That's what I teach the people I work with, and that's what I do for myself. My house is full of these written reminders in different strategic places.

Many people find reasons why not. I say find enough reasons why YES.

Many people get caught up in reading too much theoretical stuff. There is no need for so much theoretical stuff for taking consistent daily action.

Hi Emma,

You've come to the right place. So many people on here who want to help.

I have the same problems as yourself. One of the people Karen mentions. She has helped me out a lot and there are others who help keep my spirits lifted.

Don't be afraid to be honest in your journals and talk about how you feel. Writing it down is quite therapeutic and it also helps others as well.

I did this a while back and got a lot of positive responses that helped.

And finally before I bore the pants of you take advantage of those moments you do feel 'uplifted' and train.

Hope this helps

Robert, my avatar is gold! Makes me laugh every time I see it.

I've signed up for Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation. So that will help me get started, especially since I had to fork out some money to join. I'm currently fighting off the flu, so it's making it quite difficult to be active. My eating has been really good though I am super bloated by the end of the day, my belly dead set looks like I'm pregnant.

This is my typical day's eating:

Morning: Cup of tea and porridge for breakfast

Mid morning: Generally last night's leftovers (quinoa and veggies stir fry or salad wrap)

Lunch: Hummus and carrot sticks, an apple, raw nuts

Afternoon: Tea, an apple

Dinner: Generally lots of veggies cooked with quinoa or pasta, or a salad wrap

Any suggestions?

• 3 months later...

Hey C.O.

I've really changed my eating habits so think that has helped me out a lot, also going off the pill and getting more active...

I go to the gym maybe twice a week, do a martial arts once a week, play touch football once a week and other days go for a walk or do something fun/active. Really enjoying having the energy and getting to see some results I'm just going to keep working on it; trying new things and enjoying life

• 4 weeks later...

Nice you have a super active schedule now. Hey so since you mentioned it I hope its okay that I ask. How have you been feeling since going off of the pill? My GF is pretty sensitive to just about everything. Have you felt like its made a difference in your energy levels or anything else?

• 1 month later...
Nice you have a super active schedule now. Hey so since you mentioned it I hope its okay that I ask. How have you been feeling since going off of the pill? My GF is pretty sensitive to just about everything. Have you felt like its made a difference in your energy levels or anything else?

Sorry about my lack of reply...

I have felt great. But then again, I've had lots of other changes in my life that could attribute to my newly found happiness, so I guess I can't really pin point it. I've really wanted to stay off it, but for obvious reasons need to go back on it:( really don't want to, but at least I will be able to see if it has an effect on me... I'll keep you posted!