Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

SSatish12
Finch

#1 Postby SSatish12 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:19 am

Last edited by SSatish12 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robert
Site Admin

Re: Hello! Uconn Student and Vegan checking in

#2 Postby robert » Thu May 31, 2012 12:42 pm

Welcome to the group!

There are tons of very active vegan groups in the Boston area.

Boston Vegetarian Association and Boston Vegan Association are two that come to mind. Both pretty big, both pretty active.

Boston also hosts one of the largest vegetarian festivals in the country. I've been there 6 years in a row.

I don't know much about Stamford or what's nearby, but I know there are some active vegan groups in New Haven and Hartford.

There are likely a number of forum members from those various areas as well.

www.veganproteins.com is located just 30 min north of Boston.

All the very best and welcome to our group!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#3 Postby C.O. » Thu May 31, 2012 6:27 pm

Welcome to the group. There are several Bostonians (is that a real word?) in this forum. I know a couple of them in person and they are awesome. I have a close friend out there that is like 80% vegan haha. Maybe you can post something in the regional section and try to network and create your own meet up. Im out in NYC but I've been to Boston 3 times and I plan on going more.

-Dylan

BlueRose
Gorilla

#4 Postby BlueRose » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:17 am

C.O. wrote:Welcome to the group. There are several Bostonians (is that a real word?) in this forum. I know a couple of them in person and they are awesome. I have a close friend out there that is like 80% vegan haha. Maybe you can post something in the regional section and try to network and create your own meet up. Im out in NYC but I've been to Boston 3 times and I plan on going more.

-Dylan

*waves* I'm one of them and know of several in the area who aren't on the forum. Essentially if you come here, you'll be spoiled by the restaurants and welcomed with open arms. :)
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421637141388613/

Doing Les Mills Combat and loving it!
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com

Return to “Introductions”