Training Since two years still a noob

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

vktewari
Finch

Training Since two years still a noob

#1 Postby vktewari » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:59 am

Hi, everyone on this forum. I am from India and a lacto-vegetarian. I was 87KG at 5'8" and very much of a sedentary type about two years ago. I got fed up of my chubby look, and hence decided to get fit. I started some cardio and some light weight lifting and lost 22KGs since then. But recently I decided to go on a bulk and gain some muscle. The program I am currently using is Rippetoes Starting Strength and have been gaining at a good rate. My current stats are Squats: 167lbs for 5 reps, Bench 129lbs for 5 reps, Overhead Press 88lbs for 5 reps, and Deadlift 205lbs for 5 reps. I want to prove to my mates that even vegetarians can build a whole lot of muscle and reading the articles on this site makes me even more confident.
Some info:
Weight: 68KG(On a bulk since 4 weeks)

robert
Site Admin

Re: Training Since two years still a noob

#2 Postby robert » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Welcome to the group!

Awesome to have you here.

All the very best with your goals.

Looking forward to seeing you on the forum.

All the best,

Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: Training Since two years still a noob

#3 Postby C.O. » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Definitely, with some hard work and dedication you will blow your mates minds. Welcome to the forum! Do you have any links or sources for more info on the Rippetoes Starting Strength training?

-Dylan

Return to “Introductions”