Greetings from Canada eh!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

VBBIsForMe
Finch

Greetings from Canada eh!

#1 Postby VBBIsForMe » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi everyone, I'm so glad I found this site! It has given me much hope and knowledge. I've been vegan now for almost 6 months so I'm a newbie but ever since I found out the truth about the meat and dairy industries I'll NEVER go back. It's been a stuggle I won't lie but a worth while one, as I use to be a butcher beforehand :oops: I'm looking to bulk up as I am 5' 10'' and 130lbs (on a good day) lol. I've been training hard and am getting stronger, more defined but not gaining any weight! I'm not sure if it's just a transition period where I'm lossing fat at the same time that im gaining a little muscle. Any suggestions? Also I just started a creatine cycle and it has helped me in the past. Thanks!

buffsummers
Rabbit

Re: Greetings from Canada eh!

#2 Postby buffsummers » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Have you increased the amount of calories you eat daily since working out? How many calories per day are you getting?

robert
Site Admin

#3 Postby robert » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Welcome to the group!

Great to have you here on our team!

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

stcalico
Manatee

#4 Postby stcalico » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:02 am

Hello fellow Canadian. :)

The only way to gain is to eat more. And if you don't want that gain to be all fat, then you'll need to lift weights.
Go for heavier weights - ie. If you can lift more than 10x, in a set then probably your weights are too light. I like to keep my sets between 6-9 reps and then will switch that up here and there (less or more) just so my body doesn't get too accustomed. Course I'm not a hard core body builder or anything either.. just like to stay strong.
If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse.

VBBIsForMe
Finch

#5 Postby VBBIsForMe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks all! Yeah I probaby need to buckle down and get more calories. I get around 2000 a day, but I work 11 hours a day so find it hard to get more.

Return to “Introductions”