Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A big howdy to my fellow bean eaters!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:39 pm 
Finch

Hello my fellow Vegans!

I was born and raised Vegan for most of my life with great care and attention from my genuine hippy of a mom. (once I hit grade school I was introduced to pizza...then chicken wings in high school..it went a bit downhill after that...regained my Vegan status in my 20's..then bounced between Vegetarian/Meat..now back to my roots!!)

My name is Shamsa, (it means sunny....) born and raised in beautiful British Columbia and I am now in training for my first Spartan Race this September 22, 2012 in Squamish, BC. I'm uber pumped and completely dialed into learning all about Vegan Sports Nutrition. I have been a personal trainer for most of my life, an endurance runner and combat sport enthusiast. (I really really love fighting. :boxer: not sure why....elbows make me wicked happy)

I am recovering from heart surgery and from having a partial sternectomy on the right side of my chest...it's actually a pretty little scar... (I was hit by a drunk driver) so after FINALLY getting the ok to start training like a maniac again..here I am! Ready to jump head first (literally) into my first adventure race. (I will be wearing a chest protector, of course)

My training schedule is pretty fun I must say; I have added infrared yoga almost every day and Pilates 2x a week - both are in the evening after my endurance/obstacle training/running...so it works out to anywhere from 6-7 days a week (but not really cause one of the yoga classes is literally just breath work, making up my 'active rest' day.

I am really looking forward to learning any new tips and tricks for making sure I am getting my perfect nutrition..so any suggestions would be awesome!

xxoo

Post subject: Re: A big howdy to my fellow bean eaters!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:02 pm 
Manatee

Wow. Your life sounds like a bit of a rollercoaster ride... not bad, but does sound like a rollercoaster compared to my somewhat 'uneventful' life.

Welcome. I'm out in Langley BC. I love Squamish... if I had an opportunity I would move there in a heartbeat. :)

Post subject: Re: A big howdy to my fellow bean eaters!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:30 pm 
VBB Moderator

Dope. Spartan races can be crazy! Welcome to the forum. Many of us go through dietary phases. Great to hear you have gotten back to your healthy roots that your mom planted in you :)

-Dylan