A big howdy to my fellow bean eaters!!

SpartanGirl

Hello my fellow Vegans!

I was born and raised Vegan for most of my life with great care and attention from my genuine hippy of a mom. (once I hit grade school I was introduced to pizza...then chicken wings in high school..it went a bit downhill after that...regained my Vegan status in my 20's..then bounced between Vegetarian/Meat..now back to my roots!!)

My name is Shamsa, (it means sunny....) born and raised in beautiful British Columbia and I am now in training for my first Spartan Race this September 22, 2012 in Squamish, BC. I'm uber pumped and completely dialed into learning all about Vegan Sports Nutrition. I have been a personal trainer for most of my life, an endurance runner and combat sport enthusiast. (I really really love fighting. not sure why....elbows make me wicked happy)

I am recovering from heart surgery and from having a partial sternectomy on the right side of my chest...it's actually a pretty little scar... (I was hit by a drunk driver) so after FINALLY getting the ok to start training like a maniac again..here I am! Ready to jump head first (literally) into my first adventure race. (I will be wearing a chest protector, of course)

My training schedule is pretty fun I must say; I have added infrared yoga almost every day and Pilates 2x a week - both are in the evening after my endurance/obstacle training/running...so it works out to anywhere from 6-7 days a week (but not really cause one of the yoga classes is literally just breath work, making up my 'active rest' day.

I am really looking forward to learning any new tips and tricks for making sure I am getting my perfect nutrition..so any suggestions would be awesome!

xxoo

Wow. Your life sounds like a bit of a rollercoaster ride... not bad, but does sound like a rollercoaster compared to my somewhat 'uneventful' life.

Welcome. I'm out in Langley BC. I love Squamish... if I had an opportunity I would move there in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...