Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hi from Ontario Canada
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:28 am 
Finch

Hello, I am a 31 year old woman from Ontario, Canada. I have been watching the forums here for quite some time and finally have decided to signup and say hello. My background story isn't exciting at all lol Like most women I fought after having kids to keep the weight off. I am 5'6 and weigh 150 lbs. I have been exercising and lifting weights for years, but obviously not in a very disciplined way. It's funny though, I am a certified fitness trainer and performance nutritionist, so I can talk all day about these topics, now if only I would follow my own advice :roll:

Anyways, I guess I have finally joined the forums to give myself some accountability. So I'll see you around :wink:

Post subject: Re: Hi from Ontario Canada
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:20 pm 
Rabbit

Welcome to the Forum! Sounds like you will bring a lot of experience and knowledge.

This is a great place for accountability, lots of awesome people.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:27 pm 
Finch

I see that and hope that I can contribute positively and maybe help someone else out while working towards my own goals :D When I joined my current gym the trainer who I had to see (apparently it's mandatory :augenroller: ) decided to tell me that there is no place for veganism in fitness lol....I told her she needed to put out an all points bulletin to let all the vegan athletes know that lol It's great to have a community like this to support you and so many accomplished athletes and experienced hobbyists to learn from, especially as I am still a baby in the plant based nutrition department, I have a hard time taking in enough calories to support the way I workout lol :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:22 pm 
VBB Moderator

What type of school/education/training did you go through to become a performance nutritionist? I am very interested in getting into something specifically similar to that.

Oh and another welcome to the forum :)

-Dylan