Hello from Providence!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

travisimo
Finch

Hello from Providence!

#1 Postby travisimo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Hello!

My name is Travis, I'm 25, I've been a vegan for 4 years, a vegetarian for nearly 10, and have had a near-lifelong fascination with health and and well-being.

After years of dabbling, I began serious powerlifting training about a year ago with an experienced friend and fellow "vegan brother in iron". After the thrill of my first powerlifting competition this past March, I was hooked (176 lbs., 330 squat, 240 bench, 380 deadlift).

My goal is to absolutely decimate these results in my second powerlifting competition this October (10/20/12). I'm here because I'm dead serious about bringing vegan glory to the sport of powerlifting, and I want to tap into the vegan bodybuilding and fitness community as much as I can!

Wish me luck! Thank you for the support! WOHOO VEGANS!

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: Hello from Providence!

#2 Postby C.O. » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:22 pm

What's up Rhode island? Nice lifting pic. Looks like you put in work! Welcome to the forum.
-Dylan

travisimo
Finch

#3 Postby travisimo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:26 am

Thanks! Good to be here.

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:21 am

Welcome!

Great to have you here!

I'm actually in Providence at the moment. Here for a wedding this weekend and in general, spending a few weeks in New England.

Providence seems like a great town.

Great work in powerlifting. Excellent stuff!

All the very best and welcome to our team!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Return to “Introductions”