Hi from Ohio!

Helgs1727

Hello!

So I'm new to this site but am really excited to be a part of it. I have been a vegan since the start of 2012 and was a vegetarian before that for about as long as I can remember. I have been an avid workout-aholic for perhaps even longer. I am VERY interested in entering the bikini competition world and am always up for training advice. Many people at the gym I go to compete but all follow a SAD and their meal plans aren't anything I can get on board with and I'm having difficulty trying to "convert" their plans to a vegan format for myself. I am always up for hearing anyone's recommendations on training schedules and meal plans ... as well as any advice on competing as well!

-Ellen

Hi Ellen, welcome to the group. Go ahead and post some of the meal plans that you would like help converting into healthier vegan meals and I would be happy to take a look and give you some advice. I bet some of the other forum members will be happy to chime in as well. You can just reply here or start a new thread in the journal section.

-Dylan

Great, I will do that! Thanks!

Most of my info is at home and I will post some of that after work/gym. Here are some of the plans I know off-hand:

Meal 1: 4 egg whites ¼ oats

Meal 2: protein shake/1tbsp flax

Meal 3: 4.3 oz turkey or chicken 1 cup veggies

Meal 4: protein shake/1tbsp flax

Meal 5: 4oz protein 1 cup veggies

Meal 6: 5oz tilapia, small salad no dressing 1 cup of vegetables

Meal 7: Casein protein shake before bed w/ glutamine

Meal 1: 8 oz oatmeal with 4 oz fruit, 5 egg whites with spinach or other vegetables

Meal 2: Whey protein shake

Meal 3: Chicken or fish with vegetables and sweet potatoes

Meal 4: Chicken and vegetables

Meal 5: Chicken or fish salad with vegetables

Meal 6: Cottage cheese or protein shake (only if hungry)

Meal 1: 4 egg whites, 4 oz oatmeal, 1 tablespoon peanut butter

Meal 2: 5 oz chicken, 4 oz brown rice, 4 oz vegetables

Meal 3: Half of banana, 10 almonds

Meal 4: Repeat Meal 2

Meal 5: Whey protein shake

Meal 6: Casein protein shake

Meal1: protein pancakes or an egg white veggie omelet with soy sauce/sriracha or salsa

Meal 2: protein shake

Meal 3: Catfish/tilapia/or some type of white fish and lettuce. No dressing.

Meal 4: 2-3 boiled eggs, with yolk

Meal 5: chicken breast, green beans, and Miracle Noodle Zero Calorie Noodles

Meal 6: protein pancakes and veggie (if needed)

I do use Sun Warrior Raw protein and Vega protein as my protein shakes and I do have a vegan protein pancake recipe/ tofu scramble recipe ... I am just having a hard time figuring out what/how much to substitute for chicken/fish, plain boiled eggs/egg whites... and do I need to be eating this much protein? I usually get about 80-110 grams and I weigh 110 lbs. Also, I am wondering what supplements are needed and are there vegan versions available?? And what types of changes do I need to make to the diet 4-6 weeks away from competition, and do I need to do it again at 2? Any advice on how to make a vegan competition meal plan is MOST appreciated!

I will post more plans from home later. Thanks for getting back to me!!

You can use kale, quinoa, spinach, temphe, seitan and tofu as good sources of protein. Hemp seeds on salads are fantastic sources of protein and also super tasty.

Honestly I think some of it is pretty lame. No offense I hope. Like half a banana? Why not eat the whole damn banana, why not eat 2 of them actually haha. And no dressing on salad? Please you can buy healthy dressings or even better make your own. There are some recipes on this forum and a million if you google. Cheaper that way too of course.

There's a lot of eggs mentioned, making a tofu scramble is a good alternative. Nuts and seeds are great and nut butters and seed butters too. If you are worried about fats choose the lowest in fats and don't eat mass amounts of them but they are great stuff. Brazil nuts are amazing and I really like sunflower seed butter.

I would say eat a lot more fresh fruits and vegetable especially leafy greens.

Hope that was at least a little helpful.

-Dylan