Female vegan lifter from Melbourne, Australia

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

nelliscarlet
Rabbit

Female vegan lifter from Melbourne, Australia

#1 Postby nelliscarlet » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:37 am

Hi everyone,
I just recently made the switch to vegan after being vegetarian for about 2 years. I've been training hard to reverse a 20-kilo weight gain and have been lifting for the last 4 months or so. I guess I became vegan for the same reasons I became vegetarian, a psychological revulsion to animal products brought on by ethical and moral reasoning. I'm really interested in hi-raw diets and gluten free recipes as I'm gluten intolerant and probably fast on my way to having no friends as a result! I'd love to hear from any other GF-vegans and pick up on protein and strength training tips. My trainer is ovo-lacto vegetarian and not too keen on the raw thing, but I feel gross when I eat cooked food. Anyway, here's my before and after pic. Still working on the last 4% of body fat though, would love to get down to 18%!
Nelli

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: Female vegan lifter from Melbourne, Australia

#2 Postby C.O. » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi, welcome to the group. Great pic, you look a little like the girl from the white stripes. So many Aussies on this forum its great. I love how international it has gotten on here.

-Dylan

nelliscarlet
Rabbit

#3 Postby nelliscarlet » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:10 pm

Meg White? Haha hopefully only in my "before" pic haha! Thanks... yeah especially in Melbourne where I live, it's a very vegan/vegetarian friendly city.

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#4 Postby C.O. » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Oh ahaha, I mean a much thinner version of Meg White. I visited Melbourne spring of 2010 and had a great time. I have some relatives that live right outside of that city. Good music scene there as well.

-Dylan

Saz
Rabbit

#5 Postby Saz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:31 pm

gorgeous! i guess you may have seen it already but Doherty's in Brunswick is a great gym. I only visited from when I lived in Adelaide so sorry but don't know any vegans there...x
*CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES*

nelliscarlet
Rabbit

#6 Postby nelliscarlet » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:33 am

That's okay... I have a few vegan friends here :) I've not been to Doherty's, I train at Virgin Active because I am a pimp lol

Saz
Rabbit

#7 Postby Saz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:28 pm

if you wanna meet some contacts and use great equipment you should maybe adventure there. they also have a boxing ring with classes. if you ever wanna do figure competing there's an excellent trainer there who competes herself called Ellena Reidie/Tsatsos
*CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES*

Return to “Introductions”