Hello from NY

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

dustbunnyodoom
Finch

Hello from NY

#1 Postby dustbunnyodoom » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Hey, my name is Becca, I'm from the capital region of NY.

I'm 27 years old, went vegetarian at age 16 and after years of going "oh I can't give up cheese/eggs" I finally womaned up and went vegan last year. Best.Decision.Ever. It was like all of a sudden I had all this energy, so I started running (today is actually my one year anniversary of my 1st run). I also started doing a lot of bodyweight strength training along with all the running I've been doing.

For a while I've been looking into doing some heavy lifting, this past weekend I managed to score 250lbs of weights + barbell + bench at a garage sale this past weekend. I am looking forward to learning proper form/technique and building up some kick ass muscles.

Growing up I was always the chubby kid, my family did not really embrace healthy eating or exercise, when I graduated from high school I weighed 200 pounds (I'm 5'3"). I lost about 75 lbs over the course of 4-5 years through better diet and more physical activity, gained some of it back (13lbs) after a career change about 2 years ago, but now I am just about back to where I was thanks to a healthy and active vegan lifestyle.

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: Hello from NY

#2 Postby C.O. » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Happy Run-iversary! Where is the captial region does that mean around Albany or some place completely different? Welcome to the group Becca. I think you'll definitely find some like-minded people here.

-Dylan

dustbunnyodoom
Finch

Re: Hello from NY

#3 Postby dustbunnyodoom » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:12 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, and yes, I am from around the Albany area

Return to “Introductions”