Hello from NY

dustbunnyodoom

Hey, my name is Becca, I'm from the capital region of NY.

I'm 27 years old, went vegetarian at age 16 and after years of going "oh I can't give up cheese/eggs" I finally womaned up and went vegan last year. Best.Decision.Ever. It was like all of a sudden I had all this energy, so I started running (today is actually my one year anniversary of my 1st run). I also started doing a lot of bodyweight strength training along with all the running I've been doing.

For a while I've been looking into doing some heavy lifting, this past weekend I managed to score 250lbs of weights + barbell + bench at a garage sale this past weekend. I am looking forward to learning proper form/technique and building up some kick ass muscles.

Growing up I was always the chubby kid, my family did not really embrace healthy eating or exercise, when I graduated from high school I weighed 200 pounds (I'm 5'3"). I lost about 75 lbs over the course of 4-5 years through better diet and more physical activity, gained some of it back (13lbs) after a career change about 2 years ago, but now I am just about back to where I was thanks to a healthy and active vegan lifestyle.