Hello from Seattle!

DonnieUtah

Hello all! I've been lurking around these forums for a bit, and finally joined up after seeing the high quality of people around here. Pretty impressed with the positive atmosphere and support.

As for myself, played lacrosse at a fairly high level for a number of years before injuries and other non-healthy life events took me down. Been fighting to get my mental and physical health back for the last couple of years and loving the new me. I've been vegan for a bit of a year now and can't think of any reason to ever go back. Making solid gains these days, resolving the injuries and making steady progress toward the goals I've set for myself over the next few years!

Over the last two years I've complete a few rounds of P90x, P90x2, Insanity and just starting my second month of Body Beast and LOVING IT!

-Don

Wow you get into all the high intensity trainings, that's awesome. Don, welcome to the group. Use the keyword search for Seattle. There are a bunch of Seattle forum members and there are some threads where good restaurants in Seattle have been talked about on here too.

Cheers,

-Dylan

Hello. I'm not too far from you (up near Vancouver BC). I'm also recovering from an injury (shoulder) and after 9 months of physio finally started back at Crossfit yesterday. So far, so good.. crossing fingers.

Good for you completing the p90x etc... I tried it for a bit, but couldn't stay motivated at home by myself. I know it really works for some tho. I'm looking up 'Body Beast' after I submit this post... haha.

Anyway, welcome to the group.

Thanks all for the welcome! Thanks for the tips, and hopefully will be able to meet up with some of the locals.

I'm a recovering CrossFitter as well, but with two little ones full time I've learned to find ways to motivate myself to workout at home, because otherwise it wouldn't happen.

Week 3 results are posted (http://www.fitcoachdon.com/body-beast-update-wk3/) and half way through week 5 right now. Loving it so far!