New From Okinawa

T-elos

Hello,

I'm new to this website, but not new to being vegan or body building. I have been vegetarian for most of my life, taking "breaks" here and there, and I've been very "fit" most of my life. I have gone up and down with my weight, strength, and endurance. I was active duty for 4 years, but those were not my years of best health, but I probably looked very healthy.

I am very interested in finally getting it right, all at once. I am easing my way back into being vegan. I'm hoping to go 100% vegan, and at least 60% raw. To start off, I'm pretty much avoiding as much processed, pre-packaged food as possible. I'm also avoiding unnecessary meds and drinks such as coffee, tea, soda (diet and regular), and any kind of sugary drinks that claim to have "natural flavor".

I look forward to getting to know everyone here, and my mind is open and ready to learn much of what I've never bothered to learn of in my past. Hopefully one day I can share my knowledge with others.

Arigato,

T-elos

Welcome to our group!

Let us know if you're looking for any specific tips to get back to 100% veganism. We have people here from all different nutritional and lifestyle backgrounds. Certainly not everyone here on the forum is vegan, but since many of us are, we're happy to answer questions anytime.

Cool that you have a background in both plant-based eating and bodybuilding.

Please feel free to start a training journal, post articles or links and jump right into discussions.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Konnichiwa T-elos, Welcome to the community here! I have never been to Okinawa but when I visited Tokyo I ate dinner at an Okinawan restaurant. Very delicious food and the atmosphere was so happy and energetic. The staff danced and sang while they worked. It was one of my favorite restaurants I went to in Japan.

Hope you learn a lot here and share a bunch with us. I suggest checking out the journals section and the recipes section. I like getting ideas from both of those threads often.

-Dylan