Hi, my name is Hans

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Hi, my name is Hans

#1 Postby Hans500 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:47 pm

I have been following a vegan and mostly raw food diet for about 3 weeks now.
I am loving it so far. My energy throughout the day has improved big time that is
that is the first thing i noticed so far.
I am a competitive powerlifter and strongman. I compete at 198.
I used to compete in bodybuilding as well and did pretty good I won the orange county classic
a couple years back. But looking back at that time of my life I have to say I was in the best
shape ever, but I was constantly tired. What is the point of being in great shape when
u r too tired to do anything ?
I hope I can learn a lot from all u guys about how to combine a vegan diet with strength sports.

Site Admin

Re: Hi, my name is Hans

#2 Postby robert » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Welcome Hans!

Congratulations on your past bodybuilding success. I know what you mean about being tired and feeling other things too like being moody, hungry, thirsty, feeling weak, etc. even when looking ripped and strong with a bodybuilding physique.

Cool that you've embraced powerlifting and strongman training and competitions. We have a variety of others who complete in those same areas. I like the idea of feeling and being strong, but I've never been able to get really strong while staying injury free, so I don't know what it feels like to lift super heavy weights, just kinda heavy weights :)

Thanks for joining our community.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

VBB Moderator

Re: Hi, my name is Hans

#3 Postby C.O. » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi Hans, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are off to a good start. How have things been going since you last posted? Have you thought about starting a training/food journal with us in the journal section of this forum?

Return to “Introductions”