Hi, my name is Hans

Hans500

I have been following a vegan and mostly raw food diet for about 3 weeks now.

I am loving it so far. My energy throughout the day has improved big time that is

that is the first thing i noticed so far.

I am a competitive powerlifter and strongman. I compete at 198.

I used to compete in bodybuilding as well and did pretty good I won the orange county classic

a couple years back. But looking back at that time of my life I have to say I was in the best

shape ever, but I was constantly tired. What is the point of being in great shape when

u r too tired to do anything ?

I hope I can learn a lot from all u guys about how to combine a vegan diet with strength sports.

Welcome Hans!

Congratulations on your past bodybuilding success. I know what you mean about being tired and feeling other things too like being moody, hungry, thirsty, feeling weak, etc. even when looking ripped and strong with a bodybuilding physique.

Cool that you've embraced powerlifting and strongman training and competitions. We have a variety of others who complete in those same areas. I like the idea of feeling and being strong, but I've never been able to get really strong while staying injury free, so I don't know what it feels like to lift super heavy weights, just kinda heavy weights

Thanks for joining our community.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Hans, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are off to a good start. How have things been going since you last posted? Have you thought about starting a training/food journal with us in the journal section of this forum?

-Dylan