Time to stop lurking!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Aruna
Rabbit

Time to stop lurking!

#1 Postby Aruna » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Hello! I have been lurking for a couple weeks now and decided it was time to join. I have been vegan for about 2 years now, and was vegetarian for 9 years before that. I have been going to the gym for the past couple of years, motivated by my desire to do roller derby. I believe there is a saying "You don't do derby to get in shape, you get in shape to do derby". I lost over 30 lbs and reached my goal of becoming an official derby girl. Now I'm looking for another goal and would love to work on lifting more.

I also have a passion for volunteering and spend about 10+ hours a week helping my local no-kill cat shelter.

Mina
Manatee

Re: Time to stop lurking!

#2 Postby Mina » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:53 pm

That's awesome & Welcome! Way to go on being Vegan for 2 years & getting into shape!

Aruna
Rabbit

#3 Postby Aruna » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks a bunch Mina! I hope to keep on pushing myself and I know this is just the place to keep me motivated.

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#4 Postby C.O. » Wed May 01, 2013 12:28 pm

How have you been? A friend of mine just made a roller derby team in the Bronx. Exciting stuff. Haven't seen you post for a bit, just wanted to say whats up and see how things were going.

-Dylan

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

#5 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Fri May 03, 2013 10:10 pm

Great to have you here Aruna, I applaud the hours you donate to helping out at your local cat shelter.

Look forward to seeing you around the forum, it's a great little community in here MF.

Return to “Introductions”