Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Just saying hey!
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:33 pm 
Rabbit

Hey, I am 21, 22 in 4days I am a vegetarian, have never tasted meat or fish as I was brought up as one, my dad is vegan though, but I am considering turning vegan aswell, I know this site is for vegans but I am near enough one anyways as eat no dairy through the week and just have a treat day, but as I said I am considering being vegan.
I am currently studying dance at college, and hope to go to uni, I also work out and have been for 4 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:25 pm 
Rabbit

hi and welcome to our group! what state do you live in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 1:25 pm 
Elephant

Hello & Welcome! :D It's awesome that ya grew up Veg! I have 3 kids, all vegan since before birth, all healthy, happy & smart! :D I hope ya decide to go vegan & never look back! :D That's a lot of exclamation marks and :D s!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:48 pm 
Elephant

Welcome ! :D

No human can call themselves liberal or radical or even a conservative advocate of fair play, if they contribute in any way to the pain and suffering of other beings.

http://www.myspace.com/cjdcrash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:51 pm 
Gorilla

Welcome kat! Cool that you've been a veggie all your life!

8)

Post subject: HI!
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:30 pm 
Rabbit

Hey all, I live in the North West of England, I know I'm so made up my mum and dad brought all three of us as veggies, although my brother who is now 26 has turned meat eater much to our dissapointment. My dad is my hero in a way, I think I take after him the most when it comes to food, I like to know I'm being healthy, and have a love for the gym, he was a professional football (soccer) player when he was younger and was a vegan whilst playing, I think he been vegan for about 25years, he was in the Vegan Society magazines last issue! I'm defo.going to consider being a vegan though, my dad said when I was little he could see me being Vegan when I grow up and I think he is right.haha :P
How long you all been Vegan then? What made you turn Vegetarian and Vegan, apart from the fact that is is cruel to animals, well that could be the only fact!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:48 pm 
Elephant

Welcome! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:07 pm 
Elephant

Welcome to the group kat!! :D

Post subject: Re: HI!
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:07 pm 
Stegosaurus

kat_125 wrote:
Hey all, I live in the North West of England, I know I'm so made up my mum and dad brought all three of us as veggies, although my brother who is now 26 has turned meat eater much to our dissapointment.

Welcome Kat. :D

That is such a tragedy to me, I could just imagine how your parents feel.
Doesnt your brother love animals? :cry: I assume you were all raised to love them and think of them as friends instead of food. WHat do you think made your brother go omni?

Maybe he needs to watch www.meetyourmeat.com

Welcome to our community. It is an honour to have you!:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:59 pm 
Gorilla

Welcome Kat!

From Liverpool, right?

Good to have you here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome Kat!

Great to have you here. Awesome story about your dad, and glad that he is a hero for you as well.

You can learn all kinds of things about veganism here and we are all living examples of being very fit, strong and active living a vegan lifestyle.

I look forward to hearing more from you.

All the best, and welcome aboard!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject: Re: HI!
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:29 am 
Elephant

Hola,

I live in the South East of Portland, which is in the North West of the USA and in the West Central of Cascadia. Sorry to hear about your bro... Maybe it will turn out to just be a phase for him. Your dad sounds awesome and he is right - you shall be vegan! I hope so anyway. :wink:

I've been had a vegan diet for about 14 years now. I went vegan when I fell in with a crowd of hippy and punk types, many of whom were vegan.
As I liked and respected them I became vegan as well. Later research and introspection regarding how our diet effects our health, the critters & environment, etc just cemented my decision further.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:06 pm 
Elephant

Welcome! It would have been so great if my parents had been veg! Instead they made me a passiv smoker before birth :wink: . But that is another story...

http://www.david-schulz.com
Life Science
Got Milk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:06 pm 
Gorilla

Hi and welcome Kat! :) Glad to have you here.

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

Post subject: Hey again!
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:35 pm 
Rabbit

Yeah I live bout 20mins away from Liverpool. I just think my brother was led by all his mates, that it wasn't 'cool' to be vegetarian!
Anyway I was up late last night, looking up Vegananism and thought about it all day 2day, I even re-visted the peta website to see if it had anything on there about dairy farms, because believe it or not even though I was brought up as I vegetarian I didn't know much about the 'behind the scenes' in dairy farms, and it wasn't pleasant when I found out.
I was brought up on soya milk though so I have never drank milk, as I was allergic to dairy when I was younger, so I have always had soya milk, I think just on my treat day (Sunday) I have a chocolate bar and other things but I'm pretty sure that I can cut that out, because I was speaking to my sister today and was explaining that I am considering becoming Vegan she said-'well you don't eat much dairy anyway', so therefore I don't think it would be hard for me, and if I did become Vegan and I went ot eat milk chocolate or sommat I think I would automatically have visions of the poor cows in the dairy farm.
Like I said though I am practiaclly Vegan now, I won't call myself vegan just yet because I do have dairy on occasion, but through the week I eat like a Vegan, have any of you heard of John Mcdougall? Well that is the type of diet we have, it's such a healthy way to live, you should go check his website out...www.drmcdougall.com
Hope u r all well by the way! X :wink: