Head start on new year's resolution

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Head start on new year's resolution

#1 Postby ARomanCandlewMe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:50 pm

Hello everyone.

I've been vegan for approximately four years, and I've noticed it's done a great deal for my health, confidence, and sense of self. I wouldn't consider myself especially active, but my job requires a little bit of running around. I know, however, that I can't use that as a justification to not maintain myself better.

I wanted to join this forum because I want to improve my physical health and well being. I also feel it's only advantageous to implement some kind of physical routine in my life. It's not my goal to get super ripped, but I want to look great with my shirt off. I don't want to run a 10 minute mile (or whatever it is that's supposed to be fast; I don't like running anyway), but I don't want to run out of breath when I dash across my store.

I'm not entirely sure what else I should talk about on here. I'm glad that there's a community devoted to this, and I look forward to reading about how other vegans take care of themselves.

Thank you for reading!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Re: Head start on new year's resolution

#2 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:02 am

Nice to see you on here, feel free to talk about whatever you want to on here.

Look forward to following along with your fitness goals, starting a journal is a good way to stay motivated and get some extra encouragement and advice from like-minded people. Hope you have a great weekend and welcome to the forum MF.

VBB Moderator

Re: Head start on new year's resolution

#3 Postby C.O. » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:39 am

Hi, wellcome to the community! What's your name and where are you from? I like setting goals and don't wait for new years for resolutions, I do them all the time. You can walk a 10 min mile my friend, maybe shoot for 7 if your goal is to be in good cardio shape.

Return to “Introductions”