Competing in 2013

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

asgard
Rabbit

Competing in 2013

#1 Postby asgard » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi, my name is Mana. I am 23. I am a bikini competitor that will be doing my first competition, hopefully this April in Baltimore. I also plan to compete in the WBFF this summer in Vancouver, B.C. in the Bikini or Fitness model division - I am undecided as of yet. :) I have been visiting veganbodybuilding.com since I was 16 years old after a message Robert Cheeke sent me on myspace about this website, haha! And here I am, finally. I would love to meet and form friendships with people that have similar goals. I believe that is the best support system!

I have been vegan my entire life, minus about two years, with no shortage of harassment from family or friends, of course! Hee hee. :) I have always been thin my entire life, except for those two years, where I really struggled and my diet was all over the place. My skin suffered, my energy suffered, and my weight suffered. I had cystic hives from allergies constantly, so I was also in pain quite frequently.

I have considered straying away from the lifestyle many times, fearing that what my coaches said about competing as a vegan were true - I worried it was not doable at all. Thankfully, there are now many coaches available that are vegans themselves that I have found through this website. So, I hope to place well in hopes that I can draw more positive attention toward the vegan lifestyle in the competing arena. Even vegans are skeptical that it is doable, so I'd like to continue to show people that it is and that no one has to suffer for it.

I am very inspired by Channa Serenity, Claudia Lailhacar, and Erin Moubray. I have reached out to all of them and it has been very rewarding. :)
twitter
facebook
tumblr blog

instagram : hollowalaska

Arvid Beck
Manatee

Re: Competing in 2013

#2 Postby Arvid Beck » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:01 am

Go to the competition and give your best! Show them what a vegan person is able to achieve! :)

vegan_rossco
Batman

#3 Postby vegan_rossco » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:36 am

Hey there :D good luck with competing I look forward to seeing how it goes!
Interesting to hear you've been vegan all your life that's awesome! I didn't become vegan until I was 20 ahha
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

robert
Site Admin

#4 Postby robert » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:56 pm

Welcome Mana!

Great to have you here after all these years!

Hope you're enjoying the forum and the connections made here.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

C.O.
VBB Moderator

#5 Postby C.O. » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi Mana,
Welcome to the community officially, I know you've been browsing for many years. You met Robert through myspace, that is hilarious.
Good luck on your upcoming competitions. Please continue to share with us.

-Dylan

Return to “Introductions”