New from salem

Chrismiles

Hi. I'm Christianna. I'm not really sure what to say but here goes. I have always know about vegans and what their diet was like but it has never been something that chrossed my mind. I ran across roberts profile about a week ago, maybe less and I saw some things that made me cry. They say that ignorance is bliss but now that I've seen what really goes on it's been really hard not to think about it when ever I eat. I'm really interested in getting to know more about the lifestyle of vegans so if anyone has any suggestions or comments please feel free to let me know.

Welcome Christianna!

Great to have you here. Thanks for joining our forum. The video you are referring to is the Meet Your Meat video that someone had placed on my myspace page.

The truth about animal cruelty can be very, very sad. That is why I went vegan 10 years ago, as I mentioned to you recently. It was the images of factory farming, animal testing, etc that made me say, "I don't want to be contributing to that anymore"

Thanks for joining our group and we'll be able to answer all kinds of questions for you and I already told you our group is very nice and supportive and I hope that is how you will feel....welcome here.

So, welcome aboard!

Hello and Welcome Christianna!

It can definitely be hard sometimes but it's good to think about what we eat and more generally about the effects our choices and actions have.

The lifestyle of vegans? Well, I stay up late at night on forums, often chat to myself in the chat room here, and generally feel mixed about whether to go raw fruitarian or instead go to a 100% Thai/Ethiopian/Indian & Middle Eastern diet with lots of chocolate...

As for suggestions or comments, please dont be shy - jump right in to discussions here, ask any questions you have and come to the Vegan Vacation happening here in Portland this August!

Oh yeah and also:

Welcome Christianna!

They say that ignorance is bliss but now that I've seen what really goes on it's been really hard not to think about it when ever I eat.

Now that the blinders are off, your journey will never be the same.

The only perfect vegan is a dead vegan. Most vegans see veganism as a journey not a destination. We realize we live in an imperfect world where animal exploitation permeates every aspect of our culture. When it comes to choosing what we eat, wear, put on our faces, take for our headaches, etc. we try to choose things that cause the least amount of harm possible.

My point is, don't kick yourself if you don't always make the best choices. Just do better next time.