Hey there

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

bigjoey
Rabbit

Re: Hey and Welcome!

#16 Postby bigjoey » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:30 pm

kat_125 wrote:Hey Joey, welcome and u look awesome!

Well thank you, I love compliments!!! :) :D

bigjoey
Rabbit

#17 Postby bigjoey » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:35 pm

compassionategirl wrote:holy cannoli nice vegan guns! :shock:

pleasure to have your guns (ehem, i mean you) on board. :wink:

Why thank you!!! Glad you like my veggie powered arms!!!

Is that you in your avatar? You are one very attractive vegan! :wink:

Its very nice meeting you!

bigjoey
Rabbit

#18 Postby bigjoey » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:37 pm

SeaSiren wrote:Welcome! Nice Bench! :)

Thanks! I am glad you checked out the video! Its was cool we used bumper plates. That video was taken a couple years ago, so I am much leaner and stronger now. :D

bigjoey
Rabbit

#19 Postby bigjoey » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:39 pm

Bigbwii wrote:Welcome!!! :lol:

Thank you!!! :)

bigjoey
Rabbit

#20 Postby bigjoey » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:45 pm

CollegeB wrote:Hey big is that a picture of you (on the bottom) now as a fruititarian?

:) Yep, the video in my post is from a couple of years ago when I first was I just became a Vegan... I weighed 280 then. The picture in my avatar is from me a month ago where I my weight is 233. I was a powerlifter but I switched over to bodybuilding because I want to be strong and lean. Right now I am about 228 and my goal is to get down in the 195-190 range.

bigjoey
Rabbit

#21 Postby bigjoey » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:49 pm

finbarrio wrote:Welcome, man. You're huge.

Thanks man, its good to be here! We gotta prove that meat doesn't build muscle. When I am at the gym I get stuff like, "he must eat meat to get so big" and "he must take steriods since to get that strong without meat" and its nuts. I try to tell people in the gym I eat lots of soy and veggies and fruit, I lift 5 days a week of compound, multijoint lifts, and I sleep well. Its all about dedication and people on here are living proof that meat free builds beautiful bodies! :)

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#22 Postby compassionategirl » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:17 pm

bigjoey wrote:
Is that you in your avatar? You are one very attractive vegan! :wink:

Its very nice meeting you!

Ah shucks, thanks. Nice to to meet you too. :D
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

wannalift
Manatee

#23 Postby wannalift » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:21 pm

joey,
I live in the Pittsburgh area and Powerlift and teach (used to) martial arts. we should hang out. welcome aboard.
~david

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#24 Postby compassionategirl » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:43 pm

wannalift wrote:joey,
I live in the Pittsburgh area and Powerlift and teach (used to) martial arts. we should hang out. welcome aboard.
~david

I agree. You guys should hang out!
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

robert
Site Admin

#25 Postby robert » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:19 pm

Yeah, totally. I've been hoping for many months that more forum members will start getting together. I've had GREAT times with veggymeggy, vamprilla, Hero, loveliberate, VeganEssentials, andesuma, and others over the past year.

Let's get more people hanging out! I met some of wannalift's friends here in Eugene, and she said he was pretty cool. He was also one of the first guys ever to write to me when I started my website 4 years ago.

There are others in that area too I believe. Have fun!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

bigjoey
Rabbit

#26 Postby bigjoey » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:31 am

wannalift wrote:joey,
~david

I actually live about an hour out of Pittsburgh. Have you heard of Indiana University of PA? I live around that area. Its just generally easier to say pittsburgh because everybody knows where that is. I may be going to Pitt in the fall for a Masters, so if I do I will definetely have to hang out.

Go Steelers!

bigjoey
Rabbit

#27 Postby bigjoey » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:32 am

robert wrote:Yeah, totally. I've been hoping for many months that more forum members will start getting together. I've had GREAT times with veggymeggy, vamprilla, Hero, loveliberate, VeganEssentials, andesuma, and others over the past year.

Let's get more people hanging out! I met some of wannalift's friends here in Eugene, and she said he was pretty cool. He was also one of the first guys ever to write to me when I started my website 4 years ago.

There are others in that area too I believe. Have fun!

Its cool to meet fellow Vegans in the area. :D

jonathan
Elephant

#28 Postby jonathan » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:53 am

Welcome! :D

I echo the others when saying you're huge!

Could I just ask a few stats? What are your numbers in the big three, and how tall are you? Over on www.veganfitness.net, in the power and strength section there is a strength table, so if you post your numbers, I'll get them chalked up :D

Jonathan
Squat
Press
Eat
Repeat

CrispyQ
Gorilla

#29 Postby CrispyQ » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:25 pm

Welcome Joey!

8)
Slavery is the fiction that people are objects; corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people. www.http://reclaimdemocracy.org/personhood/

ronnie kray
Gorilla

#30 Postby ronnie kray » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:14 pm

yo joey! good to see you and welcome to the boards.

your welcome to come talk some MMA with us over in the other sports forum.
"we must become the change we wish to see in the world"
- Gandhi -

Return to “Introductions”