Hello from Arizona

crazyj

Hello from Arizona! I've been vegetarian for two years, and vegan for one and a half (mostly for health reasons, although compassion for animals and a concern for the environment are also very important to me).

Around the time I went vegan, I started running to get in shape. Unfortunately, even though I was a swimmer in high school, and worked out in college, I had let my diet and lifestyle slide into unhealthy territory. I lost about 40 pounds in the process of running and going vegan, and I'm back to my high school weight (lean and mean)!

My long term fitness goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon (3:10 for my age). I ran my first half marathon recently in 1:34, so I think I'm on my way to this goal. I was never a runner before, but like I said, I was a pretty good swimmer when I was younger (even set a couple club records in the butterfly). I also ride my bike to work, so maybe triathlons are in my future as well?

Thank you Robert for your fine example to all athletes and for this forum. I look forward to meeting all you other athletes and vegans, especially runners. Thanks for reading. Peace to all.

--J

Welcome to the forumI'm jealous...I wanna lose 40lbs...what did you do:) Well 20 but its hell getting every pound off now...anyway your gonna have a great time here at the forum

Hello loveliberate, I'm in Phoenix... not so great weather now, but awesome in the winter!

Hey veganpotter, for the weight to come off, just trained hard and ate a lot more healthy food -- cut out the meat, dairy, eggs, and refined carbs... no secrets.

I've been doing that...I've lost over 120lbs but the last 20 is killing me...plus I've given up that stuff a long time ago. Now I eat about 2500 calories a day and ride my bike about 4 hrs every day and its coming off way to slow for my sanity. Now its down to lypo...any donations

Thank for joining our group!

We do have a great collection of athletes here from all over and from all sports backgrounds.

We now have an endurance sports section, afterall we're Vegan Bodybuilding & FITNESS, so we want to include ALL athletes. I've been doing a fair bit of running myself recently...well, I've run once in the past couple of years but it was a great race!

All the best with your goals. I'm sure you will attain them.

I lived in Phoenix for a while and loved it....but I am so totally in love with Portland at the moment so that is where I'll be for a while.

Have fun and welcome aboard!