Greetings from down under

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Gem16
Finch

Greetings from down under

#1 Postby Gem16 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:05 am

Hi, I'm Gem and I was so excited to find this website!! I adopted a vegan lifestyle after coming across Dr John McDougall and Forks over Knives & I did it in an attempt to reduce the inflammation caused by an auto-immune disorder that I've had for the last 3 years. It's week 5 for me now and I have had such positive results and I am now back in the gym and lifting weights again (with greatly reduced joint pain). Becoming vegan has literally changed my life in such a positive and dramatic way!! My first goal is to reach 20% BF and I've already lost 2% over the last 4 weeks. It would be great to network with people doing the same as most people in the gym are doing high animal protein and low carb diets. BTW, any other aussies on here??

C.O.
VBB Moderator

Re: Greetings from down under

#2 Postby C.O. » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Hi Gem, welcome to the group! There are tons of Aussies here. Just search around these intros or else use the search key and type in aussie or australian as a key word. Believe me there are a lot of you all here :)

-Dylan

stcalico
Manatee

#3 Postby stcalico » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Welcome Gem. Good to hear you are getting such positive results from the lifestyle change. :)
If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If it isn't, you'll find an excuse.

Gem16
Finch

#4 Postby Gem16 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 am

Thanks for the welcome Dylan & stcalico :)!!

Return to “Introductions”