Hello from Northern Ontario

bobbins

Hello everyone!

I was thrilled to find this site as I am just getting into lifting weights and was getting discouraged with all the animal based meal plans and nutritional advice I was finding.

I am a runner/cardio nut and have been vegan for 7 1/2 years now (vegetarian for 5 years before that). I got interested in weights and lifting as i recently fractured the sesamoid bone in my left foot and so have been banned from running. (6 weeks down, 4 more weeks till I will get either the "go ahead" to start back slowly or to be advised that they are operating)

I love running, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, biking and swimming and all of these are on the doctors " do not do" list .....ugh!!

My fiancé (non vegan, former personal trainer) suggested that I try working out with him so he could show me exercises using weights that i could do without hurting my foot. It was awesome!! He is now training me and although I am only in my 2 week I LOVE the burn and the feeling in my muscles after a hard workout!!! Seriously addicting!!

Starting to train with weights has saved my sanity as I have been grumpy as hell since the fracture occurred. I want to do more, learn more, increase my weight capabilities and get a wonderfully muscled toned body!!

Hoping to find helpful advice for nutrition and workouts here......and looking forward to chatting with you too!!

Cheers!!

S.

Hi S., welcome to the group! Haha I think all of Ontario is northern. Yeah its a wonderful thing to be able to adapt and find something new in fitness that you love after a serious and frustrating injury. Glad you found us. Hope to keep hearing more from you in the future.

-Dylan