Hey Everyone; from MA

jsalem

Hey all! Super excited to be here. I've lurked the forum for the past couple weeks and finally pulled the trigger and made an account.

I've been vegetarian for almost a year, but since starting working at my local Trader Joe's and being surrounded by great vegan alternatives almost daily, I've found the transition to being vegan much easier.

Unfortunately I'm stuck in a 5'6" frame, and weigh a measly 120 lbs. right now. I'd say I'm a hardgainer, for sure. I'm quite toned, though!

Hoping to study up hard on some good workout plans and I'm gonna eat everything in sight.

Any tips for hardgainers? Especially vegan hardgainers? Thanks again for having me, can't wait to be posting and absorbing info like a sponge!

-jsalem

Great to have you on here. We're a friendly bunch so feel free to browse whatever sections interest you. The training journals are a great place to start (especially with you looking to try and fill out your frame). Drop in on some of the ones that are being regularly updated and pick their brains!

Look forward to seeing you around, all the best with your 2013 goals MF.

Hi JSalem, welcome to the community here. How long have you been working out/lifting? I have also worked at trader joes haha, im down in nyc. You're the 4th person on this site that I have seen that has worked for them at some point.

-Dylan

Hi JSalem, welcome to the community here. How long have you been working out/lifting? I have also worked at trader joes haha, im down in nyc. You're the 4th person on this site that I have seen that has worked for them at some point.

-Dylan

I've been working out for some time now. I've been a very active person all my life; I've been a diehard skateboarder for the past 10 years of my life, and still love it. After realizing how thin and unhappy with my strength and appearance I was, I tried to find a comfortable route for me to build muscle in P90X. I did well with that, but found that I was not bulking up, only getting toned. I stopped about half way through and got a gym membership, and have been stumbling around there for the past couple months trying to figure out what I'm doing.

Well I'm glad you found this site. Try checking on the training journals, some people keep very detailed records of their workout routines. Maybe finding a trainer at your gym could be helpful too? The downside I hear a lot is that they often try to reinforce their lack of knowledge about how you can't bulk up with out meat/whey. Maybe a way to avoid that if you do get a trainer is just to keep the focus on the training and just nod your head and smiling when they start slinging nonsense at your about diet and weight gain.

-Dylan