Norwegian powerlifter

Marte

My name is Marte and I'm a girl from norway. I started powerlifting about 6 months ago, and I feel like I finally found my thing.

I started working out when I was 20, to get ready for circus school. I did aerial acribatics for about 3 years, and when I tired (or mostly was tired of looking for places with a big enough space for hanging my trapeze) I just kept doing strength training and some running and swimming to keep in shape.

I've been vegan for 6 1/2 years now, a vegetarian 8 years before that. I didn't really think about veganism untill I started going to hardcore shows, and started meeting people who were vegan. I was fortunate to live with a vegan friend who taught me to make good food without dairy and eggs.

I still haven't told anyone in my club that I'm vegan, all though some people know that I dont eat meat. I'll let them know eventually. I just don't want it to become a big topic yet.

This year I'm aiming to lift more and qualify for the norwegian championships in 2014.

Great to hear, welcome to the board. Please feel free to check out the Powerlifting section of the site, and there are actually a number of active powerlifter on this forum.

All the best with your goals ~ you should consider starting up a training log so we can follow along and help you out if you needed anything. Extra advice and support is always a good thing! Regards MF.

Hi Marte, welcome to the group here. I hear what you're saying about not "coming out" so to speak about being vegan because of the views of the general public are still often negative, especially in the fitness world. All that is changing though. You should go dominate that competition you mentioned and then let everyone know afterwards that you're vegan. Gotta represent and spread the movement.

Cheers,

-Dylan